Ask any homeowner and they will tell you that having a cheap convection oven in your kitchen is a great addition to the household. Of course, if you are a savvy shopper, not just any microwave oven will do. You are likely on the hunt for the perfect cheap microwave oven. If this sounds like you, then stick around. Today, we are going to take a look at everything you need to know to find the best and cheapest microwave oven for you.
What is the Best Place to Buy a Cheap Microwave?
Buying a good microwave for your home or office can be an expensive purchase, but if you have thought about buying one, then your next thought is likely where to shop for one without breaking the bank. Well, the good news is, you do not have to sacrifice quality for a low price. Here are some great places to check out when you start the hunt for the best cheap microwave oven.
One of the best places to start looking for the best cheap countertop microwave is online. Sites like Amazon and eBay often offer great deals on microwaves. If you shop online during Cyber Monday, you can score some great deals on major brands too. You should also check out retailer websites for cheap convection ovens. Most of the time, you can apply discount codes that will help you lower the price tag even further. If you want to save some money and buy a great countertop convection oven at a fraction of its retail price, sites like Letgo and Craigslist are great places to check out as well. Overall, looking online is one of the best places to buy a cheap microwave oven.
Another one of the best places to buy a cheap microwave oven is in a traditional brick and mortar shop. When you shop sales like Black Friday, you can find some awesome deals as well. Stores will typically mark down the price of countertop microwave ovens by at least 10% off. You can even get lucky and find older models for as low as 50% off. Do not underestimate the power of sales in brick and mortar shops when you are looking to snag a great high power microwave.
One of the best things about kitchen appliances is the fact that you can buy them used and they’ll still function perfectly. Sites like the Facebook Marketplace, Letgo, Craigslist, and even yard sales are perfect for finding used kitchen appliances. And of course, buying used usually means you will snag a great deal.
What To Consider When Searching For the Best Countertop Microwave
A microwave oven is an appliance that every household should have. Not only can you cook food, but you can reheat food without consuming a lot of energy. As a result, countertop microwaves often help you save some money. While the issue of saving on your energy bill is resolved, finding the right microwave for your home may not be. This decision really depends on what you need it to do for you. In the next section, we have a handy guide that goes over what you need to consider when shopping around for the best microwave.
You will want to start by finding a convection microwave that is perfect for your kitchen space. If you have a full kitchen, then you might want to purchase a standard sized microwave as opposed to a compact sized microwave. A standard sized microwave usually measures anywhere from 1.4 cubic feet to 1.8 cubic feet, whereas a compact sized microwave is typically 0.5 cubic feet by 0.7 cubic feet.
When considering the size, you also want to consider where you are going to put it. As you can imagine, compact sized microwaves usually work better in offices and dorm rooms. If you need a standard sized convection oven or microwave convection grill, then you might want to shop around for over the range convection ovens. You can conserve kitchen space by installing them over your range instead.
When considering the best convection oven, wattage is something important to look at. Simply put, a convection oven with higher wattage will cook your food faster. You will find that most ovens range anywhere from 600 watts to 1,200 watts. The microwave power is important to consider because you want to buy a convection microwave that does everything you need it to do.
For many microwaves, built in features are something you can expect to find. The most common built in options found on a control panel include the option for defrosting frozen food, reheating food, and a popcorn button. Some advanced microwaves also include 30 second time additions and multi level cooking functions.
How We Chose the Best Microwave Ovens for Our List
When it comes to our list of the best cheap microwave ovens, we have done all the hard work for you. We have scoured online stores, read tons of customer reviews, and done our own tests. As a result, we have narrowed down the best cheap microwave ovens available. For each microwave, we will outline the top features that make it stand out. Let’s take a look at some of our top picks of the best convection ovens to choose from today.
# 1: Danby DMW7700BLDB 0.7 cu. ft. Microwave Oven
At the top of our list of the best cheap microwave ovens is this one from Danby. The Danby 0.7 cu. ft. Microwave offers 700 watts of cooking power. Using this microwave oven is quite simple, which is part of the reason why it’s won a spot in the ranks of one of the best convection ovens yet. That being said, there are a couple of unique features that make it a popular choice for many.
You can rest assured that you’re getting high quality with this microwave oven, which is seen right off the bat thanks to its stainless steel construction. Many owners of the Danby 0.7 cu. ft. Microwave have shared that it heats up food faster than other ovens they’ve had in the past. They also report that it does a fantastic job at cooking food thoroughly thanks to its stable turntable that targets each plate evenly. No need to worry about burnt or uncooked portions of your food with this microwave!
Another thing that makes this one of the best microwaves is that it also offers a child lock, this ensures that children can’t open the door easily and accidentally hurt themselves. That being said, people who have the Danby 0.7 cu. ft. Microwave appreciate that opening and closing the door is a breeze.
Like most microwaves, it beeps to alert you when your food is done heating, but customers appreciate that the beeping isn’t obnoxiously loud. Similarly, its fan isn’t so loud that you can’t hear anyone in the kitchen when it’s running.
Overall, we think it’s clear that this deserves to be dubbed the best cheap microwave for its quality – especially for those who have small kitchens as it doesn’t take up much counter space.
- 700 watts of cooking power, Dimensions - 13 x 17.3 x 10.1 inches
- 0.7 cu.ft. capacity microwave
- Simple one touch cooking for 6 popular uses
- 3 specialty programs (cook by weight, defrost by weight, speed defrost)..Product Width 43.97 cm, Product Depth 35.56 cm, Product Height 25.72 cm
- Product Width 43.97 cm, Product Depth 35.56 cm, Product Height 25.72 cm
#2: Kenmore 73772 0.9 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave
This next microwave oven is one that we can not leave off our list. According to many consumers, the Kenmore 73772 0.9 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave is one of the best on the market right now. This is because it comes with 10 power levels and 900 watts. The more power level means the more food you are able to cook with it. In fact, the control panel has 6 smart touch settings. These setting options allow you to customize your cooking so that it is the right fit for your specific dinner plate. Also, it has a glass turntable that is dishwasher safe too.
Another standout feature of this microwave is that you can increase the cooking time in 30-second increments. This feature will let you do simple tasks ranging from cooking a whole potato to defrosting to properly popping popcorn to of course, warming up a hefty dinner plate.
Opening the oven is also quite simple and safe thanks to the child lock feature. Additionally, when the door is open, the microwave light will stay on for you too. This feature is unlike many other brands where the light only turns on when it is cooking the food on the turntable.
Lastly, this oven offers a multi-stage cooking setting. What does this mean? Basically, you can program multiple cooking stages together with its cooking time all at once. This also means that once the first stage has been completed, it will then proceed to the next one automatically. This versatility of options on the control panel is what makes this one of the best cheap microwaves on the market today.
#3: Panasonic NN-SN651B 1.2 cu. Ft. Cheap Microwave Oven
This next microwave oven is perfect if you plan on using it for quick meals. It comes with an inverter turbo defrost that makes it possible to defrost foods quickly with the touch of a button. Additionally, the buttons on the control panel are super easy to use and give you control with 10 power levels. The inverter technology also ensures that the edges of your meal will not be overcooked. Because of this, your food will be more tender as compared to food cooked in other microwave ovens.
Finally, its lightweight components makes this the perfect solution for someone looking for a portable kitchen counter space oven.
- Compact design: this countertop microwave with 13.4 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; internal dimensions (h x w x d): 9 15/16 inch x 13 15/16 inch x 14 3/8 inch
- Panasonic microwave: This 1200 watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity black countertop microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- 13 1/2" turntable; delay start and timer; More/less control; quick minute, popcorn key
- Smart cooking settings with genius sensor: built in automatic genius sensor adjusts power and times based on different foods; other advantages include 12 preset menu items, quick minute timer, delay start and child safety lock
- 1200 watts of high power; One touch genius sensor cook and reheat for automatic cooking settings and even keep warm feature
#4: Toshiba 1.2 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven (EM131A5C-SS)
If you are looking for something with a little more power, then this next microwave is the best option for you. The Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven offers all the features that you can expect out of a standard sized microwave. One of the best features of this high-quality microwave is its sleek design. The stainless steel construction is an ideal option to go with if you already have other stainless steel appliances in your kitchen.
In addition to the design, there is so much power that the Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven offers. The size alone makes it ideal for cooking or reheating a large meal. The turntable measures out to 12.4 inches in diameter and easily accommodates even the largest of dinner plates.
When it comes to power, the Toshiba microwave offers 1100 watts with 10 different settings of power levels. The different power levels allow you to defrost frozen food, pop popcorn, reheat meals, and thoroughly cook food. There is even a sensor function that senses how much steam is produced during cooking. This sensor then adjusts for the best results for your dish. The control panel also offers standard necessities such as a kitchen timer. There is even a power saving mode that will help you control just how much power this microwave consumes.
Overall, customers love how versatile this standard size microwave oven is. If you are limited on counter space, this is likely one of the best options for you. You can assemble it as an over the range microwave for additional counter space as well.
- Note: Kindly refer to the user manual provided as a PDF manual in the product description section
- 【Countertop microwave stylish appearance with large Interior, fitting a 12inch Pizza】Stylish Stainless Steel (color of door frame is Silver, enclosure is black), 20.51 x 17.14 x 12.83 inch (w x d x h); large 1. 2 cubic feet capacity, cavity 13.07 x 15 x 9.5 inch (w x d x h), removable turntable 12.4 inch (diameter)
- Warranty 1 year, please keep the packaging for contacting Toshiba after service and product returns.
- 【Practical Control Panel】Large digital display, easy-to-read control panel. The keypad was covered by a protective film during the shipment. Please peel it off before your first use.
- 【Mute Function】If you wish to mute the buzzer of the microwave, pleas long press on the button "8" for 3-5 seconds. The buzzer is automatically switched off after a long beep.
#5: Black + Decker Digital 0.7 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
Another one of the best cheap microwave ovens that work well in any kitchen is this next oven. This Black and Decker Digital Microwave Oven has a lot to offer. It is no wonder why it has easily found a spot on our list.
For starters, the Black and Decker EM720CB7 offers a durable quality that the brand is already well known for. Additionally, this microwave offers a sleek and stylish stainless steel design that looks good in any kitchen.
When it comes to power, this 700 wattage microwave packs a punch. A unique feature is the 30-second express cooking sensor, and compared to other microwave ovens, you have a larger LED pane for ease of use. The child lock capabilities of the door are another plus, and cleaning the inside of it is a breeze thanks to its removable 10-inch glass turntable.
Overall, customers love this microwave and affirm that it is a great choice if you are looking for saving on counter space. If you happen to have a larger built-in microwave cupboard, then you can fit this convection oven in there as well. However, we would understand if you prefer to keep this stylish microwave out on the countertop instead!
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.3” x 13.0” x 10.2”
- 700 Watts with 10 power settings, clock and kitchen timer, 30 Seconds Express Cooking
- UL approved. One year limited
- Large LED digital display, easy-to-read control panel, child safety lock, interior light, removable 10” glass turntable
- Push-button door release for easy access
#6: Panasonic 1.2 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Microwave Oven (NN-SN686S)
This last microwave oven is a great option to go with if you are looking for a dependable addition to your kitchen space. Although it is technically a compact sized oven, the Panasonic 1.2 Cubic Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel Microwave Oven can fit into many different spaces and works really well as a built-in microwave. Plus, for kitchens limited on counter space, it can even work as an over the range microwave.
For a compact microwave, you are sure to find that it boasts plenty of power. This Panasonic stainless steel microwave features 1200 watts of power. This high power microwave can cook up meals, reheat dishes, and retain the valuable flavor and nutritional value in every meal that you place in it. Customers love this feature because many other microwaves tend to cook out the nutritional value of meals.
Another standout feature is the Inverter Technology which allows your food to cook evenly on the turntable. There is also the Inverter Turbo Defrost technology. When you use this function, you get the ability to speed up defrosting time as well. Both patented technologies allow for a seamless stream of cooking. The result is a dinner plate that is evenly and thoroughly cooked without any hotspots.
Customers love the Smart Cooking Settings, which are made possible by the built-in automatic Genius Sensor that allows you to adjust the cooking time and power based off of the type of food you are cooking. These different power levels allow you to cook and reheat virtually any and all meals. For even easier cooking, you can use the 14 preset menu items. These buttons allow you to decide the best setting for the type of food you are cooking.
Lastly, you have the ability to use the keep warm setting that lets you keep desserts and dishes warm until they are ready to be served up.
Overall, customers love that this high power microwave has so much to offer. From different power levels to a stylish design, you get the versatility and ability to cook like a champ in the comfort of your own home with this Panasonic Stainless Steel microwave.
- Keep Warm Feature: This inverter microwave keeps soups, gravies or desserts warm and fresh until ready to serve. Power Source 120V / 60Hertz. Power Consumption 1480W. Membrane keypad and 5 menu buttons for easy programming, 10 Power Levels; push-button door release
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1200 Watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity stainless steel countertop/built in microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- Smart Cooking Settings with Genius Sensor: Built in automatic genius sensor adjusts power and times based on different foods; Other advantages include 14 preset menu items, quick minute timer, delay start and child safety lock
- Compact Design: This countertop microwave with 13.4 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; Internal dimensions (H x W x D): 9 15/16 inch x 15 13/16 inch x 14 3/8 inch
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Cheap Microwave For You:
While many of these six microwaves offer different features, they each boast unique features or impressive performance in a specific area that make them some of the best cheap microwave ovens out there. Each of them outshine other low budget microwave ovens on the market today. Buying low budget microwave gives you the ability to enjoy the benefits and advantages of having a microwave without having to spend a fortune. We’re confident that you won’t regret purchasing one of these great microwaves!
Interested in a general comprehensive review of the best microwave ovens in general, price not considered? Check out this article to see what our top picks are.
Other Recommended Microwave Related Articles
- Best Small Microwave Oven for Office and Dorm
- Best Commercial Microwave Oven In The Market Today
- How to Clean Microwave – Best VIDEO Guide!
- Buying Microwave Oven – Best Buying Guide
Last update on 2022-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API