We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Split ends can be frustrating and all of us would wish to know how to do split ends repair. Lets face it, if you’re looking to achieve straight hair, then chances are you’re going to be using a straightening iron. Flat irons are the essential tool for a smooth, straight hairstyle, but did you know that over time they can actually cause damage to your hair?.
What causes split ends and how to prevent split ends when hair straightening with flat iron
- STRAIGHTENS, FLIPS & CURLS: The HSI Professional Glider creates...
- MICRO SENSORS PREVENT FUTURE HAIR DAMAGE: High quality ceramic plates...
- CERAMIC & CRYSTALS TO CREATE SILKY RESULTS: The Glider's plates are...
While your hair is strong, when the proteins that are in the center of your hair cuticle is damaged it can cause the ends of your hair to split and cause frizziness. The best way to prevent split ends or frizziness from forming while using a flat iron is to seal in moisture while you’re using the iron. How is this done? You can add a serum (heat protectant or even conditioning spray) to your hair before using your flat iron. When you use the flat iron over your now covered hair, the heat will seal in the moisture that was added to make it so that your hair doesn’t dry out and become brittle while you’re using the iron.
Don’t be scared away from using a flat iron after reading this, because in this article we’re going to go over how to treat your hair best to prevent split ends from forming.
How to prevent split ends
Things that you’ll need:
- Heat protectant serum or
- Conditioning spray
- Boar bristle hairbrush (or any brush that doesn’t have metal-tipped prongs)
- A hair straightener / Flat iron (preferably with ceramic plates)
- Silk pillowcase
Tip: A ceramic plated flat iron is ideal for this because they are able to conduct and distribute heat evenly through your hair. They work for all hair types because you are able to adjust the temperature as you see fit during or before the process. But if you don’t have one, don’t feel like you need to run out and buy one to replace the one you have: it will work out!
Long-term care tip: If you want to help further reduce the chances of getting split ends, you can also sleep on a silk pillowcase. This will not only make you feel incredibly comfortable when you’re sleeping but limit your chances of split ends. Try to limit the number of chemicals that you put into your hair; they will dry out your hair and only cause more split ends to form. Finally, change up your hairstyle frequently, try to find styles that don’t require you to use a flat iron – your hair will thank you.
- HAIR BRUSH FEATURES: Bamboo oval paddle, 70% boar hair mix 30% nylon...
- WHY DUAL-BRISLTE: stiffer nylon pins enhance detangle & massage power...
- BEST FOR: detangle, massage, smooth all wet/dry hair. Especially...
Steps by step instructions to prevent split ends in hair.
ALSO WATCH THE VIDEOS AT THE END OF THIS ARTICLE
- Apply a couple drops of heat protectant oil into your hair, then rub it between your palms. After you’ve done this, go ahead and work it into your hair, starting at the tips. Avoid applying the product to your scalp; this will only cause your hair to be incredibly oily.
TIP: Instead of using a heat protectant oil, you can always choose to use a conditioning spray on the ends of your hair instead. If you decide to do this, this is the only step that you would change.
- Using your brush, brush the product through your hair to ensure that every strand is covered.
- Start warming up your flat iron to the temperature that is best for you.
- Try to keep the temperature below 300 degrees for fine hair.
- For normal hair, try to use a setting that is between 300 and 380 degrees.
- With coarse or very curly hair, try using a setting that is between 350 and 400 degrees.
- Straighten your hair in 1-inch sections to keep the hair smooth. Make sure that you’re gliding the iron over your hair evenly to ensure that you’re getting every strand on the first run.
- Repeat step 4 until you’ve straightened every strand of hair. As you’re going, you might want to clip up the strands that you have already straightened to avoid going over them again; this will also help you organize your hair to ensure that you’ve gotten every piece.
Videos on tips to prevent splits ends
1. Solution for Split Ends by Using Conditioner & a Flatiron
Every time that you go to straighten your hair with a flat iron, you should protect your hair by following these five easy steps. While it might seem tedious and unnecessary, it’s actually going to benefit your hair in the long run.
The moisture that you’re adding to your hair from the heat protectant or the conditioning spray will be sealed into your hair when you use the flat iron. So, instead of burning away the moisture that your hair had in it, you’ll be ensuring that some gets put back into preventing the split ends and frizziness.
The choice is up to you whether you use these tips or not, but I promise that your hair will thank you for protecting it from unnecessary heat damage. Even if you just decide to give them a try just once, it’s better than not giving it a shot at all. There is no shame in giving it a shot, so why not? You might be surprised – but in the best way possible!
- EXTREME HAIR PROTECTANT: Protect hair from heat exposure up to 450Âº...
- LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER: This light thermal protection spray can be also...
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA: Ensuring you get a premium quality high grade...
You May Also Like these article:
- Best Curling Iron – [BEST 5 For Exquisite Shiny Curls That Will Turn Heads!]
- Crochet braids | 12 Crochet Hairstyles With Pictures – [ Includes EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW]
- How to do Crochet Braids [Step by Step] – Including Crochet Braids Care and Maintenance
- Hair straightener do’s and don’ts
- Best Hair Straightener for Long Thick Coarse Hair
- Best Hair Straightener Iron for Natural, African American Hair
- Sam Villa Signature Series Texturizing Hair Straightener. Is it the best flat iron for fine hair?
- Best Mini Hair Straightener for Kids, Travel, Short Hair, Bangs, and the Long Hairs’ Tail.
- BaByliss Pro Nano Wet-To-Dry Hair Straightener review
- What Hair Straightener is Best for Your Hair Type?
- How to Clean Hair Straightener Ceramic Plates Safely
Last update on 2021-07-31 at 17:42 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API