We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Want to remove gel nails at home?. We all love gel nails. In fact, I have had arguments regarding which is better, gel nails or acrylic nails. My answer is always in favor of gel nails manicure.A properly applied gel manicure looks great on your nails and makes them look adorable.
However, we often get intimidated with the process of removing the gel nails polish. There are three methods of how to remove gel nails at home, but not all of them are safe. I have covered one safe gel nails removal methods in my previous article here. In this article, I am are going to look at two methods that are commonly used to remove gel nails polish, but which may be damaging to your nail beds. I am not saying that you cannot use them, but I am just shading light of their risk if done wrongly. Read on to get the information on the risky methods of how to remove gel nails.
Damaging methods of how to remove gel nails.
Method 1.Filing Off the Nail Gels.
Why is it considered risky an damaging?
In this method, you use a coarse-grit file to file the surface of the nail until you reach the natural nail bed. It is risky, because if you are not careful, you may file away the natural nail bed, damaging it. You may even damage your skin. It also takes a lot of time and it is tiresome. But you could do it safely when you use a good electric nail file
- Trim off the nail tips that extends past your finger using a nail clipper. Trim them as short as possible.
- Gently File the surface of the nails using a coarse-grit file between 150 and 180 grit. Work slowly making sure not to damage the nail bed. brush/wipe away the dust that accumulates as you file so that you can clearly see how far you are from the natural nails. As you get close to the natural nails, you will notice a reduction in the amount of dust produced from filing. You will also start to see the natural ridges in your nails.
- Change from coarse-grit to finer-grit file and file away the remaining gel that covers the natural nails.Continue to file gently until all the gels have been completely filed away.
- Buff your nails using a buffing tool to remove any rough edges that may have developed on the natural nail bed due to the filing process. Moisturize the nails by applying a good cosmetic oil or nail moisturizer. Leave your nails to rest for a few days/weeks to recuperate before you apply any more gel or acrylic nails. At this stage you can just paint your nails using ordinary nail polish or leave them polish free during this time.
Method 2: Peeling off the gel nails.
Why is this removal method risky and damaging?
When you peel the gels off before they are ready, there is a big risk that they may come off with the natural nails of part of the nail bed. So to minimize this risk, you have to wait until the gels have naturally started chipping off. Gel nails usually last for 1-2-3 weeks.So wait until this stage before you start peeling them off.
Things you will need for this method:
-Lotion or oil.
- Gently insert a cuticle stick under the surface of the gel until the gel is slightly raised around the edge.
- Grasp the raised gel edge using a pair of tweezers and peel it off.If you do not have the tweezers, you can hold the edges with your fingers and peel back. If the gel nails are too hard or painful to peel, please consider using this gel nail removal method.
- Condition your nails by filing them to smoother out the edges. Buff them with a nail buffer to smooth out the rough spots on the surface and finally rub lotion or another moisturizer on the nails and hands. Allow them time to recuperate by resting the nails for a week before you apply any more fake nails.
In conclusion, It is easy to remove gel nails at home. So methods of how to remove gel nails at home are safe while others, though effective, may be risky and damaging to your natural nails and nail bed.
Recommended Posts on designs authority.com
- 17 Insanely Easy Steps on How To Paint Your Nails At Home Perfectly
- How to Remove Acrylic Nails From Home (THE RIGHT WAY)
- How To Remove Acrylic Nails Without Use of Acetone (3 FREE SAFE METHODS)
- Perfect Gel Nails Manicure ( EASY AT HOME DIY STEPS)
- Top 10 Adorable stiletto Nails, acrylic and gel Nail designs Ideas and Tutorials (The Best Guide For Salon-Perfect Nails At Home)
- 5 Best Manicure Tables – A REVIEW [Nail tables, Nail desk, Nail Station]
- Easy and Pretty Nail designs for short and long nails