Are you looking to buy a mini fridge, save your self from the embarrassment of buying a low quality, high maintenance mini fridge with this mini fridge buying guide.
Either for your apartment, dorm or a room in your house, a mini fridge is an essential and a handy appliance for you to have around. Since it is very handy and occupies a very small amount of space, it is very convenient and you can store other things to the place or your room.
What is a Mini fridge?
Mini fridge is defined as a type of fridge that has the capacity of 5.5 cubic feet. It is a fridge that has enough room to accommodate items. A mini fridge is known for its purpose, and that is to store drinks and foods that may not fit the major refrigerator at your home. Many of the features of a large fridge can also be found in the mini fridge.
Types of Mini Fridge
There are so many refrigerators that are introduced in the market today and there are various models that are capable of holding tons of items to store. Here are some of the kinds or types of mini refrigerator that can also be found in the market.
- Cube refrigerator- this is the most commonly used mini fridge for the reason of being portable compared to other mini fridge. It is one of the mini fridge that is inexpensive that is available on the market. More models, modern models to be exact are more energy efficient that the old models of cube fridge.
- Mid-size mini fridge- this type of fridge is a lot larger than the cube fridge. It has larger freezer compartment and many shelves, for the purpose of the user to store more foods.
- Counter high compact fridge- this type is same height as the counter. This are very energy efficient but very expensive compared to other mini fridge.
- Drinks mini fridge- this is meant for snacks and drinks only.
- Travel mini fridge- this is a mini fridge to keep foods and drinks cool while traveling.
Mini fridge buying guide
Tips to Buy the Best and Right Mini Fridge
In buying the best mini fridge, there are many aspects that you have to consider when buying one. It is more appropriate if you know what type of mini fridge you should have, based on the room where you wanted it to be placed and also its ability as a cooler for your drinks and foods that you tend to store. Here are some of the tips that you have to consider when buying mini fridge:
- Bigger mini fridge is better than smaller mini fridge- since mini fridge consumes more energy that can cause increase electricity bill compared to the larger refrigerators. Small fridge consumes more energy to keep itself cold and stays cool. A larger mini fridge is also capable of being durable and is known for better performance providing stable temperatures for the foods and drinks that you have stores.
- Two door models that can cater for the frozen food’s needs- a min and single door fridge provides a larger space for storage but the compartment for freezer shares the temperature, leading you to change the level of the temperature causing the whole fridge to freeze.
- Adjustable shelves- a model of mini fridge that has shelves that are adjustable and help you take the maximum advantage when it comes to space. Having a model that has permanent shelves might just not suit your needs.
- Noise level- noise level of the mini fridge might be an issue to you depending on the place where you want to place it. Fridges that are tend to be put inside a bedroom or even in the guest rooms must be silent in order for you and the guest as well not to be disturbed during sleeping hours.
- Compressor powered or absorption powered units- these are the main elements that you need to look for when choosing mini fridge. There are many mini fridges that are being offered in the market that does not have such specifications and features, and also more energy efficient.
- Extra features should not be considered- there are lots of lots of mini fridges that can be found in the market that offers extra features such as automatic defrost, this should not be considered for the fact that it is not that durable and it is the most unit and model that has break down.
- Warranty of the item- makes sure that you got all the warranty that is necessary when you purchase such mini fridge. Ensure that you have all the details when it comes to return policy and repair policy.
Here are some of the tips that will surely help you in finding the best and right mini fridge. Make sure to look for the desired tips listed above to ensure the right fridge for your room and acquire a less maintenance mini fridge.
Other posts Selected for You
- Best Microwave Oven That Actually Cooks
- How To Clean A Refrigerator [With Video]
- Best Portable Kitchen Island ideas on a budget.
- Dependable Range Hood To Buy Today The Best 5.
- Looking for the best food processor? We Found it
- Baby Proofing Your Kitchen – 10 Amazing Ways!
- 5 reliable tips to declutter your kitchen
- (AMAZING) Kitchen Backsplash Ideas For Yo Kitchen.
- Top 6 Best Dishwashers on Sale – Best Dishwasher Reviews.