If you love drawing and want to improve your skills and build your art portfolio, you should consider taking an online drawing class. For people who love drawing, an online class is a low-cost way to learn new drawing techniques and learn how to use drawing software at the same time. There are online courses available for beginners and experts.
If you love drawing and would like to pursue a career in illustrating an online course will look great on your resume. A potential employer will know that you are dedicated to your skills as an illustrator and value your desire to continue improving. By taking an online drawing class, you will create opportunities for a new job or a promotion in your current one.
If you love drawing and only want to draw as a fun and creative hobby, an online drawing class is a wonderful choice for you. Improving your drawing skills will increase your love of drawing and make you proud of your creative hobby. You will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and develop it further. You will be proud to share your designs with your family and friends.
What Are Online Drawing Classes?
Online drawing classes are a great way to learn to draw or to improve your drawing skills. They take place over a virtual platform, or an online classroom, from the comfort of your home or any other place you want. They are the most convenient way to learn because you can learn at your own pace at any time of the day that is most convenient for your busy schedule. Some online drawing charge a fee per class or a monthly membership fee. You can find classes that are made at any skill level, from beginner to expert.
Why Take Online Drawing Classes?
You should take an online drawing class if you love drawing and want to improve your skills or learn new techniques. You can take classes for pleasure or for career development. You should take an online drawing class if you have a busy schedule and want to learn at your own pace and on your own time schedule. If you are a beginner and are shy about your drawing abilities, you can practice your drawing skills in the privacy of your own home without feeling pressured by other students who might have a higher skill level than you.
5 Online Drawing Class Recommendations for People Who Love Drawing
Lynda is a website on LinkedIn Learning that is great for any level of drawing skill. If you love drawing and want access to a large database of tutorials, Lynda is a great choice for you. Many professional illustrators and designers use Lynda as their learning platform. Lynda provides you with professional tutorials consistently. The monthly membership fee for Lynda is approximately $30 per month and will provide you access to all of their classes and tutorials. You can try any class you want.
Lynda has a series of courses that are specifically focused on learning illustration skills and a learning oath to help you become a graphic designer. They offer a one month free trial for new students. You will have access to over 12,000 expert-led courses and you will earn a certificate each time you complete a course. You can watch anytime from your computer or phone and you can download their mobile app for offline viewing. You will also receive personalized class recommendations when you sign up.
Examples Of Lynda Course Offerings For People Who Love Drawing
- Drawing Foundations: Fundamentals
- 5-Day Drawing Challenge: Drawing Inspiration
- Illustrator for Non-Illustrators
- Animation Foundations: Drawing Cartoon Characters
- CorelDRAW Essential Training
- Drawing Foundations: Sketching the Landscape
- The Monster Drawing Workshop
- Figure Drawing: Tonal Rendering
- Drawing with Photoshop Sketch
- Drawing Good and Evil Comic Book Characters
[amazon fields=”1596714646″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”][amazon fields=”1596714646″ value=”button”]
Udemy is good for any skill level and charges a fee per course. Courses start at $20. There are videos from independent teaching contractors and the classes are rated similar to ratings on Yelp. Udemy sometimes offers sales on classes and limited time discounts for new students starting at $10.99 per class. You can try out any course with a 30-day money-back guarantee. There are courses offered in graphic design, illustration, 3D animation, figure drawing, cartoon drawing, digital painting, and character design.
It is very simple to use Udemy and there is no monthly membership fee. You only pay for the courses you decide to take. You can take classes at your leisure. If you love drawing, consider trying a few classes on Udemy.
Examples Of Udemy Course Offerings For People Who Love Drawing
- The Ultimate Drawing Course-Beginner to Advanced
- Character Art School: Complete Character Drawing
- The Art and Science of Drawing / Basic Skills
- Drawing and Painting on the iPad with Procreate
- The Complete Beginners Drawing and Shading Course
- The art and Science of Figure Drawing: Gesture
- Anatomy for Figure Drawing: Mastering the Human Figure
- Drawing Basics: How to Draw Like an Artist
- Portrait Drawing The Smart Way
- The Colored Pencil Drawing Course
Skillshare offers the first month free and then a membership fee that ranges from $8 to $12 per month for an unlimited amount of classes. There are over 3 million members on Skillshare. You can learn on your web browser or on their app fro
m your phone. They offer unlimited access to over 20,000 classes that include animation, drawing, graphic design, illustration, 3D animation, calligraphy, character design, comic art, concept art, digital painting, figure drawing, sketching, and watercolor.
All courses on Skillshare include a class project as a way for students to practice their new skills and apply what they have learned. They share their projects with other students and receive feedback.
Examples Of Skillshare Course Offerings For People Who Love Drawing
- Design a Female Character: Sketching Portraits with Pencils
- Character Illustration: Drawing Facial Expressions, Figures, and Clothing
- You Can Draw Anything! In 3 Simple Steps
- Ink Drawing Techniques: Brush, Nib, and Pen Style
- Draw Your Life: Intro to Illustrated Journaling
- Pen and Ink Illustration: The Basics for Creating Magical Drawings
- Figure Drawing – Comprehensive Guide to Expressive Life Drawing
- Teach Yourself to Draw Anything: A Step-by-Step Process
- Floral Illustration: Composition Meets Negative Space
- Start Drawing: Techniques for Pencil Portraits
CreativeLive features high-quality videos that are taught by professionals. Classes start at $14 and go up to $100. While this is our most expensive option for an online drawing class, it is less expensive than taking courses at a university, and you can learn at your own pace on your own schedule. They offer a wide variety of classes in drawing, digital illustration, Adobe Illustrator, interior design, lettering, and web design. There are over 300,000 students using CreativeLive. They sometimes offer free on-air classes. You can learn from your web browser or from their phone app.
Examples Of CreativeLive Course Offerings For People Who Love Drawing
- Illustrating Characters and the Stories They Tell
- Drawing Fundamentals: Cross Contour Lines and Ellipses
- Getting Started with Colored and Graphite Pencils
- Learn to Draw: An Introduction
- Drawing with Illustrator: Color and Texture
- Getting Started with Charcoal and Chalks
- Adobe Mobile Drawing Techniques
- Color Fundamentals
- Drawing the Every day Every Day
- Color Techniques for Drawing
[amazon fields=”B01K8I4LM6″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_align=”center”]
[amazon fields=”B01K8I4LM6″ value=”button”]
Pluralsight was formerly called Digitaltutors and offers a large database of online tutorials for illustrators. They offer a free trial membership for 10 days or 200 minutes of use. The monthly membership fee is $35 per month or $299 for the year if billed annually. You receive access to the entire course library and receive course completion certificates. You can learn on your web browser or on their mobile apps. They also offer access to their courses via TV apps, like Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
Examples Of Pluralsight Course Offerings For People Who Love Drawing
- Drawing Storyboards for the Entertainment Industry in Photoshop
- Drawing the Human Profile and Figure
- Methods for Drawing the Human Head
- Drawing Female Proportions and Surface Anatomy
- Fundamentals of Drawing Animal Anatomy
- Fundamentals of Digital Drawing
- Exploring Animation Principles in Maya: Solid Drawing
- Drawing Life Through Line and Form
- Fundamentals of Digital Drawing in Photoshop
- Understanding Perspective Drawing in Illustrator
If you love drawing, taking an online course or joining a monthly membership website to improve your skills is a great option for you. We believe that the five options discussed in this article offer you a great value for your money. Drawing can be a difficult skill to learn, but an online course will allow you to learn at your own pace and practice as many times as you need with no judgment from your peers. Drawing can open your imagination and allow you to explore your creative talents.
By taking drawing classes online, you can learn to draw anything you want and train your brain to see the world from an artist’s point of view. Continuing to grow and practice your skills will remind you why you love drawing. Take the first step by starting a free trial with one (or more) of the online drawing classes discussed in this article.
[amazon box=”0692965041,B07J1YZ586,B00L9BTJJW” grid=”3″]