The windows are among the most prominent features of your kitchen. It is important to decorate them so they will be aesthetically pleasing. Kitchen window treatments can help you to add a beautiful and pleasing look to your kitchen. During special occasions, guests prefer to stay in the kitchen. If you present a drab-looking kitchen, you are more likely to repel your guests than invite them.
Your kitchen should be inviting and pleasing to the eyes. Kitchen windows should have a great style that will leave a good impression to your guests. However, it can be a daunting task to choose window treatments that augers well with your kitchen. That is why in this post, I want to share with you some kitchen window treatments to give you an idea of what you can consider. The best appearance can be achieved if you are going to be creative with the design process. You need to choose colors that match your house’s overall look.
Kitchen Window Treatments Ideas
The first thing you need to keep in mind if you are searching for a suitable style for your kitchen is the ambiance you wish to make. Although curtains and blinds come in various styles, you need to use them sensibly so you can achieve the look you want.
What are the different kitchen window treatments?
Since your kitchen is intended for cooking, you need to create an ambiance that lets plenty of light in. Cafe drapes provide you a sense of privacy while also letting enough amount of light in. There are numerous designs for you to choose from. Click here to buy Cafe Drapes of Amazon
Designer curtains give your kitchen an elegant look. It comes in various colors and models. You can even have them customized so they fit your taste and preference. Click here to buy kitchen window curtains on Amazon
Shutters are perfect choices for country kitchens. Aside from perfectly fitting with your kitchen decor, they are also capable of letting the light in. You will also love the fact that they are easy to maintain. A thorough assessment should be made before deciding to install them. You need to know how they will shut and open and whether your room has enough space. If you have a small space, you can also opt for the folding versions.
Your kitchen should maintain its classy look even when it is a place for cooking. Odor can ruin the ambiance you want to achieve, but if you are going to consider adding Venetian blinds to your window, you can keep away cooking odor. Venetian blinds come in many designs and colors. They can either be made from wood or aluminum.
Aside from controlling cooking odor, venetian blinds also help to control the amount of light. You can also achieve a higher degree of privacy as you have the option to tilt the slat so there is seclusion in the kitchen.
An attractive finish can be achieved by using different hues. Pleated shades are the way to go because they provide great effect that complements your current color system. They come in various patterns and colors that match whatever kitchen decors you have. You may also consider purchasing Cellular pleated shades as these are energy competent.
Many homeowners want their kitchen to have a neat look. What better way to achieve this than opting for roman shades? There are many plans and colors to choose from that coincide with your kitchen decoration. When they are lowered, these shades hang evenly.
Roller shades are made of good quality fabrics and wood. Aside from the fact that they are easy to open, they are also affordable. While you can choose from a wide range of colors and prints, you still have to keep appropriateness in mind.
People can see within your kitchen if you are going to choose window films. They are fastened to the pane, letting the light in. They also have fashionable versions with great designs and patterns.
One of the kitchen window treatments that allows you to spruce up your kitchen windows are the valances. They create an everlasting style and can be made from awesome materials.
Roller blinds are also vital to every window treatment. Aside from the spotless straight lines, they also give your kitchen a modern look and feel. They are practical treatments to add because they only require less time. The primary purpose of roller blinds is to oppose the moisture and dampness that often occur in most kitchen areas.
You will be spoiled for choice when it comes to choosing the colors, patterns and prints of roller blinds. The prints that are usually available are stripes, contemporary swirls, circular and floral. It is also a good idea to add some decorative elements.
How to choose kitchen window treatments
- Choose treatments made of light fabrics and consider reasonably priced options.
- Keep in mind that your kitchen should also be well-lit so choose colors that provide enough illumination.
- Use window treatments that are easy to wash. It is best to choose machine washable materials so you will no longer have to spend a lot of time organizing them.
- When choosing cafe drapes or Venetian blinds, always choose the best materials. Choose cotton for cafe drapes as they are easy to clean and aluminum for Venetian blinds as they help to keep away odors.
- Avoid broad fabrics because they are not suitable for your kitchen windows. They only encourage humidity, which will be the reason for developing mold and mildew. As a result, your window treatments will smell.
- Window treatments must be easy to clean and should not take so much of your time maintaining.
- You do not have to mess your windows to achieve a fresh look. Keep window treatments as simple as possible.
When choosing window treatments, you need to keep your privacy needs in mind. Choose screening materials that let the light in and allow you to see out. It should not block your view. Sheer fabric is a great option to consider. You should be able to see through the windows with your curtains and blinds. You can choose the best window treatments for your kitchen if you keep all these vital tips in mind.
Image Credits (Via Flickr Under CC licence):
Cafe Drapes: (By) Blondinrikard Fröberg: https://www.flickr.com/photos/blondinrikard/
Window shutters: (by)David Cedrone: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nltconstruction/
Pleated Shades: (by) Design Folly: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kerryanndame/3806524696/
Also Read These Similar Posts Selected for You
- Kitchen Decorating Ideas For Amazing Kitchens.
- Kitchen Designs | Beautiful Modern Kitchen Design Ideas
- Baby Proofing Your Kitchen – 10 Amazing Ways!
- Kitchen Remodeling – Planning and Preparation
- Dependable Range Hood – The Best 5.
- (AMAZING) Kitchen Backsplash Ideas For Yo Kitchen.
- Best Microwave Oven That Actually Cooks.
- The Best Mini Fridge for Dorm Rooms, office, Apartments, etc. (Small Refrigerator Review).
- Best refrigerator brands That will work fine in any kitchen.
- 5 Small Kitchen Ideas: To Make a Country Kitchen Out of Corner Cubbies