We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Who cares about learning how to use an electric nail file machine? Well, I do and I am sure as hell you do because you are reading this right now.
If you’ve ever gone to a nail salon and professionally had your nails done, you’ve probably had a professional electric nail file used to do your nails. They are incredibly helpful and make the hard work of filing down nails and shaping them so much quicker and efficient. They are used more with artificial nails than they are natural nails, this is mostly because artificial nails require a lot more elbow grease than natural nails do when you’re filing, shaping, or fixing them.
Let me start off by giving you some guidelines when looking for an electric nail file that will work best for you.
Some Guidelines to get a good electric nail file that will work best for you
- You should look for an electric file that is comfortable in your hand. Find one that isn’t too large or is hard for you to grip, if that’s the case and you purchase it you could cause harm to yourself or others when using it.
- Make sure that the bit doesn’t wobble or hammer on the nail, you want it to turn true. This is a huge thing to look out for because if the bit vibrates it can cause harm to your nail and loosen it.
- Make sure that you are able to turn the machine slower when you’re doing delicate, intricate work or can turn it faster when doing bulk work.
- Make sure that the bits that the file takes are standard size, this way you won’t be limited on the types the manufacturer of the bits offers.
These are only a few tips when you’re looking for a good electric nail file to use to make your at home manicures and pedicures so much easier, for a more comprehensive guide, read this: REVEALED: Best 9 Electric Nail File Machines in the Market Today – Good Brands for Nail art (A Review)
TIPS: How to use an electric nail file machine Properly and Efficiently
Whether you want to paint your nails or for your clients, you may need to use the efile. When using an electric nail file, you should read over any safety or warnings that your model has included to prevent any sort of injuries, because improperly using an electric file could land you in the hospital. My suggestion is to learn what your machine is capable of and how everything works on it. You should also read about each bit you might have to know how to properly use them and what purpose they hold.
If you are considering using an electric file for more than just a home manicure, you might want to consider taking some courses on how to properly use an electric nail file to ensure your safety and the safety of any of your friends. Always ensure that you are cleaning the bits with acetone and sterilizing them after using them to prevent any sort of infections or wearing down of the product as much as possible.
Materials that you’ll need:
- Electric nail file
- Barrel bit
- Cone bit
Instructions on how to use an electric nail file accurately and safely
- The first step to using an electric file is to use a cone or barrel bit and clean out underneath your fingernails. You should keep your palm down, using a low speed, and be incredibly careful not to nick the skin under your nail*.
* The skin under your nail is incredibly sensitive, so try very hard to avoid it to prevent causing yourself a lot of pain.
- File down the length of your nail to the length you are most comfortable with using the barrel bit. You should begin on one side of your nail and move the tip around the nail to the other side, and then repeat. You can support your finger by pressing it against your thumb if you’re doing your own manicure. If you’re doing a manicure for someone else, you should hold their finger at the first join and hold the nail toward you.
- Use the barrel bit and the front of your nail to shape it. You should work from the tip of the nail to the cuticle – when you get to the cuticle, use a small semi-circular movement to shape the nail so that you don’t tear it.
- To tidy the cuticle, you should use the cone-shaped bit to file gently around the cuticle area on a low speed. You should start at the sidewall on the right and move slowly to the cuticle sidewall on the left. KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BIT THE ENTIRE TIME: do not hit the nail while shaping the cuticle.
Recommended Videos on how to use an electric nail file machine
HOW TO USE A : Electric Nail file …Learn why there is a forward & REVERSE
How-To Use Electric Nail Drill Carbide Bits
As mentioned before, after using an electric file you should clean and disinfect your drill bits. Here is a helpful step-by-step, easy way to clean your carbide or diamond bits:
How to clean your carbide or diamond bits: step-by-step
- Scrub the bit with a brush and soapy water to loosen the dust and particles that have been built up after using. You could also just soak the bits in acetone to finish the step.
- Disinfect the bits using a disinfecting solution that is specifically formulated to be used on metal instruments. Make sure that you read over the instructions of the solution before using it to ensure that you don’t ruin any of your bits.
- After you have finished soaking the bits, if you chose to do so, lay them out to dry thoroughly. You should keep your bits in a dry, covered container when you’re not using them.
You should NOT disinfect the drill bits that are sandpaper, or sanding bits, chamois, and fabric bits. These are one-use items that must be discarded. Rubberized, abrasive stones, and porous accessories and attachments cannot be disinfected.
Keep in mind that your bits may rust when you disinfect them, this would mainly be seen with carbide bits because they have a higher tendency to rust. But if you are using a high-quality bit and the proper amount of time when disinfecting you should be okay.
This is the simplest usage of an electric nail file, if you wanted to do more with it you can always search on the internet to figure out how to do other things. YouTube is the best place to go to figure out how to use an electric nail file machine properly and efficiently to do what you need/want it to do.