We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Curls are an amazing way to add volume to your hair, and they make it hairstyles look beautiful. You can use any of the best curling iron reviewed here. But why does it have to come with the cost of heat damage? Well, with these tips and tricks on how to curl hair without a curling iron or wand, you won’t need a either to get those curls you so desperately crave.
All of these tricks you can accomplish with the items you have at home with no hassle, plus they will be completely natural curls!
By not using heat to achieve curls, you’re helping to fight off split ends, hair loss, the loss of your natural hair shine, and brittle and rough hair. Plus, by creating heatless curls, you can make other hairstyles out of these techniques that will be just as cute as the curls you’ll have the next day!
1. Curl Your Hair Using a Headband
- Wash your hair, just wash it like normal! Then dry it with a towel or use on of the professional hair dryers reviewed here.
- Put a headband on as you normally would, this trick works best with an elastic hair band. [easyazon_link identifier=”B06X42KLKV” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″ cart=”n” cloak=”n” popups=”n”]Click here to buy some headbands on Amazon.[/easyazon_link]
- Create sections in your hair, the smaller the sections, the more curls you’ll get, and then wrap them around the hairband. Do this until all of your hair is wrapped around the band.
- If there are any loose ends, use some bobby pins to secure them down.
- Let your hair dry, for the best results let your hair stay like this overnight.
- Once your hair is completely dry, unwrap your hair, take off the headband, and the pins to show off your curls.
- 7 Best Keratin Treatment Products: [That Will Make You Fall Deeper in Love with Your Hair!]
- Best Hair Straightener Iron – [ REVIEW OF THE BEST 6]
Here is a Video To Show you how to curl your hair using a headband.
2. Braid your Hair
- Wash your hair, just wash it like normal! Then dry with a towel.
- Part your hair into two sections and tie it into two ponytails.
- Braid the ponytails; you can do this by keeping them tied up or by braiding them individually without the ponytail. Then secure the ends with rubber bands.
Hint: For tighter curls, you need to make more than two braids. For looser curls, just do one.
- Let your hair dry, for the best results let it dry overnight.
- Once your hair is dry, undo the braids and run your fingers gently through the curls to loosen them.
3. Curl Your Hair Using Hair Rollers
- Get a pack of hair rollers / hair curlers : if you want big curls, you’ll want big rollers. For tighter curls, you’ll want smaller rollers.
- Wash and condition your hair as normal, then dry it using a towel.
- Separate your hair into sections, and immediately roll it up in the roller. You’ll want to secure the roller in place as the instructions say.
- Repeat step 3 until you have completely rolled up all sections of your hair.
- Leave the rollers in your hair untouched for about 4 hours.
- Once the time is up, undo the rollers from your hair and shake out your curls.
4. Twist & Curl
- Wash your hair as normal, then dry it with a towel.
- Comb out your hair until all the knots and tangles are gone, then part your hair.
- Twist the section until it looks like a really tight coil on the top of your head, then secure with a bobby pin or clip. Do the same on the other side of your hair.
- Let your hair dry like this overnight.
- Remove the bobby pins, or clips, and shake out your curls.
5. Twist it Up
- Wash your hair as you normally do, then dry it with a towel.
- With your hair slightly damp, part it into two sections. You’ll want to take a section, and twist them starting from the root all the way to the ends of your hair. Make sure that you twist these very tightly!
- Use a bobby pin to pin the end of your hair to the crown of your head.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 on the other side of your hair.
- Let your hair dry overnight. Then unpin the ends, and then shake out your hair. Your hair should be wavy! You can apply some lightweight hairspray to help keep them in if you want.
6. Miniature Buns = Incredible Waves
- Wash your hair as normal, and then dry with a towel.
- Twist strands of your hair, the thicker the stand, the looser the curl and vice versa) from the root of your head to the end. Wrap that twisted strand into a little bun on your scalp and pin it down with a couple of bobby pins, they should be crisscrossing each other.
Hint: if you want to make your hair look super curly, you should aim for a lot of little buns!
- Repeat step 2 until all strands of your hair are pinned up in a little bun.
- Let your hair dry like this overnight.
- After it’s dry, remove the pins and untwirl the little buns.
- Use your fingers to separate and loosen your new curls.
7. How to Curl Hair Without a Curling Iron By Using a Sock Bun
Watch this sock bun video tutorial to curl your hair without a curling iron
- Cut the toe off a sock, and roll it up like a doughnut.
Tip: This works best if you use a sock that rises up about mid calf
- Pull your hair back like you’re making a ponytail, and pull it through the sock doughnut.
Tip: You can do this with dry hair or damp hair.
- Then take the hair around the outside of the doughnut through the center.
- Repeat step 3 until all of your hair is wrapped.
- Let it stay like that overnight, and then in the morning unwrap your hair and shake out your curls.
No longer must you pull out the hot curling iron and create damage in your hair to achieve flawless curls! Now you are armed with the tricks necessary to create heatless curls that will look the same as ones made from a curling iron, but these ones will be softer.
If you find that you have trouble with any of these tips and tricks, you can always look online for a video showing how to curl hair without a curling iron to see how these are done. You will even discover find more tricks to get heatless curls that aren’t listed above. So, now you know how to curl hair without a curling iron, its your turn to try these methods out.
More Recommended Reading
- How to Curl Your Hair With a Curling Iron In only 5 Minutes – Step by Step VIDEO AND PICS
- Crochet braids | 12 Crochet Hairstyles With Pictures – [ Includes EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW]
- How to do Crochet Braids [Step by Step] – Including Crochet Braids Care and Maintenance
- Cute Easy HAIRSTYLES For School: How to Style Your Hair for School [With PICTURES and VIDEO Tutorials for the Hairstyles]
- How To Use a Hair Straightener To Straighten Thick Hair To Look Flowy and Light – [Tips to straighten thick hair]