In this century, the modern, professional hair dryer is a handy machine to almost every lady. It makes styling hair easier as it smooths out frizz and makes hair smoother. On this page, I am going to reveal the best professional hair dryer, from #1 to #6. I going to tell you why you will like each of these hair dryers and of course I expose the drawbacks associated with each of the 6 best dryers I review here. Also on this page, I disclose the factors you should consider when buying a hair dryer. These factors, if taken into consideration will ensure that you pick the best professional hair dryer to satisfy your needs or those of your clients. I also give some step by step guidelines on how to use a professional hair dryer. Lastly, I share with you some tips on how to care for your hair dryer.
So, without wasting much of your time, lets us start with a little introduction.
Introduction To the Best Professional Hair Dryer (s)
Alexander Beau, was the brains behind the invention of Hair dryers. Like any invention, there has been an immense progress made onto Alexander’s original hair dryer in the 19th century. Just before Alexander’s revolutionary invention, a vacuum cleaner did the trick for women. So, what exactly is a hair dryer? This is simply an electronic device used to dry out damp or wet hair by means of blowing cold, warm or hot air over the wet or damp hair to speed up evaporation of the water droplets from the wet hair.
Hair dryers, similarly known as blow dryers help dry out hair faster than it would have dried if let to dry out naturally.
Different Types of Professional Hair dryers available on the market
There are a variety of types of hair dryers to suit the versatile range of users. They include:
Ionic Professional Hair Dryer
We’ve all come across the term ion one way or another. Which begs the question, what is an ion?
An ion is any particle that has either positive or negative charge.
The water in the wet or damp hair has positive ions which intermingles with negative ions from the ionic dryer, which then break down the water molecules into smaller droplets. Droplets of hair then easily penetrate onto the hair’s shaft ensuring the droplets do not infuse into the hair and cause frizz. This greatly speeds up the drying time.
The negative ions emitted by the ionic dryer coats the hair hence locking in moisture and works well with the cuticle. An ion emitter is also fitted to create a strong electric field on the points of the hair. This happens only when voltage is applied on the emitter.
To achieve a long-lasting effect of the dryer on the hair, some conductive conditioner or gel should be applied. This hair dryer is highly preferred by many due to its countless plusses.
It costs less compared to other dryers yet it also functions well, serves just the purpose and saves much more.
The ionic Professional dryer also dry hair much faster than the other dryers. This is due to its ionic technology used within the dryer, and since time is money, it saves quite a lot of it too.
Use of this ionic professional dryer also gives a perfect finish. It ensures a lavish shine and smooth appearance is achieved. This is particularly achieved by closing the cuticle.
Moisture restoration is essential to avoid dry thin hair. This dryer ensures this is taken care of as it allows penetration of water through the hair.
Ceramic Professional Hair Dryers
If you intend to get a smoother look, then ceramic is the way to go. Ceramic is a composite material and is often made from clay. This composite material can be used for the molding of the actual dryer, the heating element or as coating for the internal elements or even replace it completely. This ensures emission of less harsh heat, -hence reducing risks of overheating- and ensures the temperatures are consistent. It dries hair by means of creating infrared heat that permeates through the hair shafts and preserve the hair’s natural moisture and sheen. The negative ions they emit aid in smoothing frizz and drying out hair. Ceramic dryers also dry hair from inside out by use of longer wavelengths that infuse through the hair shaft.
One of its numerous advantages is that it produces infrared heat which is harmless to the hair and best for protection from heat.
Use of a ceramic professional dryer often results into hair with much more volume and bulk, and the hair tends to be softer to feel.
Faster drying time is also achieved with use of this dryer since the airflow of the dryer is strong and stable, a feature not so common among other hair dryers.
Heat is distributed evenly across the shafts of hair and hence avoiding any hot spots.
Tourmaline Professional Hair Dryers
Tourmaline is a precious and rare gemstone that quickly breaks down water particles that are rather large to fasten their evaporation. This gemstone is an ionic generator and is infrared too. This amazing gemstone helps smooth hair while still retaining the required moisture. It’s convenient and it thoroughly deals with frizz leaving hair smooth enough for bouncy flip. Absolutely amazing!
It completely pampers your cuticle by sealing it and all the moisture giving a gloss and healthy outlook. It’s the ultimate investment for a thick frizz. A bargain you’ll never regret.
Factors to consider when choosing the best hair dryer
Before purchase of a professional hair dryer some factors should be put into consideration to ensure you get the best hair dryer. A hair dryer that suits you well to avoid any disappointments when using it. This would be a waste of time, resources and great deal of disappointment. So before you shop, think of your desired go-to hair dryer. Here are some factors to consider in order to buy the best professional hair dryer:
YOU come first always, so make sure your dryer works just right for you and your needs depending on the look you want. There’s also the other aspect of whether the hair dryer will be for personal use or for professional use. This is very essential. For personal use a dryer with multiple settings and a well-shaped handle is more preferred.
The power Voltage
Ensure you check the dryer’s wattage range. Generally, dryers with higher power often dry hair faster due to the higher wattage, therefore one should carefully check the power to ensure it suits you. Hair dryers with low wattage are often slower and need to be replaced from time to time. For a dryer to use at home the recommended wattage is 1350V. This however varies if one has thick coarse hair which may require a dryer with a wattage of 1800V.
Type of hair
There’s a wide range of hair types. Some are glorified with tough kinky hair, others have moderately tough hair with less kink and frizz, whereas others have naturally smooth and laid back hair. Versatility brings out the true beauty of nature and life itself. All different hair types are not well suited with a similar hair dryer. Tourmaline professional hair dryer works best with frizzy hair as it smooths out the frizz best as compared to other hair dryers. The tip is to know your hair type and find the dryer that suite’s it best, then pampers your baby with the softest touches and faster blow outs.
For somebody with the soul of adventure who is always on the go, a cordless hair dryer would be more efficient as it fits in perfectly into your travelling bag. Reduce the bulk and go for lightweight hair dryers. Generally heavy hair dryer are often a deal breaker.
It is crucial to find a hair dryer that is safe and does not over heat as this may result into burns and even hair breakage.
Many of us may think a hair dryer is a hair dryer. Well, that’s not the case. When buying a dryer go for the best professional hair dryer! The best quality means the best results. So don’t compromise anything for that luxurious stylish look. Tourmaline professional dryers are often the best quality hair dryers. Ceramic infused elements on hair dryers also give off a lush hair outdo.
Go for a dryer with multiple heat settings which helps you to interchange between the options depending on the look tour want to accomplish.
Cool shot setting
Availability of this setting simply allows one to blast out your hair with cool air for a shinier look. You simply switch from heat to cool setting when the hair is almost totally dry. If you are ready to stand out then ensure this setting is available on your dryer. It will do the trick just the way you like it.
These are a must-have in any dryer. They are typically like bacon and eggs. You can’t think of one without the other. A nozzle shouldn’t miss. It functions to aid in concentrating the air the area of the hair you want to smooth out. Greatly helps for achieving one’s specific style. A Diffuser should also tag along with your purchased hair dryer. It increases the volume of hair and reduces frizz in the hair but also leaving in a little touch of curl.
A shovel cord and a dryer brush are also essential attachments to look out for.
Different hair dryers use different technology in bid to dry out hair and ensure easier styling. Some hair dryers use ceramic technology; other dryers opt for ionic while a group choose to use tourmaline technology.
The design of the hair dryer should be user friendly an easy to handle to avoid any frustrations.
The cheap hair dryers are not necessarily the most effective. Often times the expensive hair dryers give worth for their cost, but this is not to mean one should spend too much.
4. Review of The 6 Best Professional Hair dryers
#1: BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino Dryer
[easyazon_image align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” height=”500″ identifier=”B003B6S36S” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://www.designsauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/41nm4zPvm4L.jpg” tag=”designsauthority-20″ width=”354″]
- [easyazon_cta align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” identifier=”B003B6S36S” key=”wide-orange” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″]
This is simply the best professional hair dryer that satisfies almost every of your hair needs. Here are a few pros and cons about this dryer, to enlighten you the next time you want to purchase your hair dryer.
Outstanding from any other type of hair dryer, here is why you will love it. I am in love with it too.
- High heat. This hair dryer flushes your hair with adequate hamount of heat for faster drying. It heats up well but never heats up the actual drier.
- This high heat also comes handy when styling the hair to one’s desired hairdo
- Saving on time is essential. BaBylissPRO does just that. Saves time. It cuts hair drying time to as little as 10 minutes, depending with the hair type.
- Presence of an effective diffuser. A diffuser comes in handy in regulating heat emitted and hence prevent “frying”
- adjustable air speed settings. This makes this dryer the It-product for any client especially due to the fact that the 3-temperature control works great for you even when no heat is required.
More Reasons To Love It
- Gets rid of frizz and gives more shine. Just the perfect quality to aid pamper your mane. It adds some gloss to your hair giving your look some touch of elegance
- Strategic positioning of controls. The manufacturer of this product designed this machine to suit you just the way you like it. The controls are strategically placed on the side of the handle hence no need to switch off the dryer when styling. This product is what i’d like to call, user-friendly.
- 9ft long cord. If your mirror is far away from your switch and you struggle with styling, worry no more. This dryer has a thick long cord that doesn’t tangle up like those of other hair dryers.
- Strong blower. This is mainly due to its high wattage of 200W which is mostly channeled towards the fan motor and not the hating element.
- Minimal Noise. Noisy hair dryers are the worst headache during blow drying. Luckily , this proffesional hair dryer has minimal noise.
- It com with a 3 nozzles ml. This small nozzle is efficient and there is no need to add attachments to it.
However BaBylissPRO professional hair dryer also has a few drawbacks .
- It is rather heavy on the hand and may make it difficult to style due to the strain it has on the hands.
- it’s not dual voltage hence impossible to carry it while travelling outside the US, giving into account some countries don’t use a voltage of 110V.
- It may be a little bit difficult to fit in installation as some pop off after installation. This may slow you down during styling.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B003B6S36S” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″ cart=”n” cloak=”n”]Click Here to securely buy BaBylissPro Nano on Amazon[/easyazon_link]
#2: RUSK CTC Lite Technology Professional Hair Dryer
[easyazon_image align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” height=”500″ identifier=”B001ARBGYG” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://www.designsauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/3188MRx08vL.jpg” tag=”designsauthority-20″ width=”330″]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B001ARBGYG” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″ cart=”n” cloak=”n”]Click Here To Securely Buy It On Amazon[/easyazon_link]
This machine is perfect on the hand and just right if you’re looking for a lightweight professional hair dryer.
Why you will love this hair dryer.
It has gained popularity among users due its numerous advantages which include:
- It’s lightweight but a powerful hairdryer.
- Its ergonomic shape is just right as it helps you to press the buttons rightly.
- It is highly recommended for thick haired girls or those with curly hair type as it smooth’s out any frizz and does the magic.
- It comes along with a great diffuser and attachments
- It dries root hair faster than other dryers thus saving time.
- The strategic positioning of its buttons that greatly aid in styling hence no need to switch off the dryer when you want to style your hair in accordance to your preference.
- It has a very long and thick cord. This quality works well for every lady, as it doesn’t tangle up into a messy pile of wires.
- To get a ‘quiet’ hair dryer is quite a relief to many. Rusky hair dryer is not too loud due to its well-designed motor.
- It’s fantastic that this dryer also has 3 heat settings and a cool shut button. Isn’t that just incredible!
- This dryer is not only amazing but also gives worth for its price.
- Its multispeed and multi temperature setting are simply a savior as the help you not over heat your hair.
Rusk hair dryer however has these flaws:
- The nozzle, however, may keep falling off which is rather annoying and slows you down.
- Other attachments may fall off too if not tightly fitted.
[easyazon_cta align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” identifier=”B001ARBGYG” key=”tall-orange” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″]
#3: Turbo Power Twin Turbo 3200 Hair Dryer
[easyazon_image align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” height=”500″ identifier=”B0019ZOMHC” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://www.designsauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/41stoJPBqDL.jpg” tag=”designsauthority-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_cta align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” identifier=”B0019ZOMHC” key=”tall-orange” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″]
This neatly packed hair dryer is a like a magic wand in the hands of a fairy. It works wonders.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- It allows mobility due to its long cord.
- It dries out any hair moisture and does it fast.
- It is powerful yet gentle.
- Proper pricing considering it exquisite quality.
- An excellent blower and works well on thick hair
- This hair dryer not only has great airflow but also great temperature.
Despite the praises accorded to this as the best hair dryer, it has a flip side.
- It has no cool shut button
- It’s heavier than other driers
- Absence of low, medium and high heat setting.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0019ZOMHC” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″ cart=”n” cloak=”n”]Click Here to Securely Buy Turbo Power 3200 On Amazon.com[/easyazon_link]
#4: Berta Professional 1875W Professional Hair Dryer
[easyazon_image align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” height=”500″ identifier=”B01A0E7GS4″ locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://www.designsauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/41QJlHGDp5L.jpg” tag=”designsauthority-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_cta align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” identifier=”B01A0E7GS4″ key=”wide-orange” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″]
This ionic hair dryer uses infrared technology hence giving some luster to the hair.
I personally love this. it one of my best hair dryer and here’s why you should too:
- For easier cleaning, it has a detachable lint filer
- It’s easy to use and store
- To avoid ant hair from being sucked up during blowing, it has a double safety net.
- It dries hair fast due to its high-power setting.
- It has easy control setting
- It reduces frizz in any hair type
On the other hand, some difficulties you may encounter when using this dryer are as follows:
- Too heavy hence difficult to use over a long period.
- The nozzle often pops off during blowing
- The dryer’s high heat may damage the scalp
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01A0E7GS4″ locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″ cart=”n” cloak=”n”]Click Here to Securely Buy Berta Professional On Amazon[/easyazon_link]
#5: HSI D-2200 Professional Hair Dryer
[easyazon_image align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” height=”416″ identifier=”B007T70X0Y” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://www.designsauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/41LchmOgQrL.jpg” tag=”designsauthority-20″ width=”500″]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B007T70X0Y” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″ cart=”n” cloak=”n”]Click Here To Buy it on Amazon[/easyazon_link]
This professional hair dryer works best with fine hair that is dry. This dryer works the magic by transforming the hair by giving it a silky bravura with some shine to as it eliminates frizz.
- This hair dryer is lighter as compared to other dryers hence making it convenient and comfortable to any client.
- It doesn’t overheat hence curbs any hair breakage.
- It is pocket friendly.
- It has 3 heat setting and two power settings hence one can set a combination of different setting to achieve a variety of styles
- It’s easy to clean since the filter is detachable.
- It comes along with a pair of detachable mouthpieces and a sample oil. I find this simply incredible
- Its heat is gentle on the scalp.
Althought this is one of the best professional hair dryer, it may not be a favorite to all. Here are some reasons why;
- Due to its powerful motor, it is heavier.
- It also produces a lot of noise hence may be irritating for some.
- Its highest heat is extremely hot.
- It is difficult to store due to its large size.
[easyazon_cta align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” identifier=”B007T70X0Y” key=”wide-orange” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″]
#6: Solano Supersolano 3500 Lite Hair Dryer
[easyazon_image align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” height=”500″ identifier=”B001ADPTY8″ locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://www.designsauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/31vSzil8p7L.jpg” tag=”designsauthority-20″ width=”446″]
[easyazon_cta align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” identifier=”B001ADPTY8″ key=”tall-orange” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″]
This high quality and #6 best professional hair dryer that uses tourmaline technology to enhance the hairs smooth feel while increasing shine should be considered when purchasing a hair dryer. The reasons are because:
- It has two different concentrator attachments and a diffuser.
- It has great air power
- It has a cool shot button
- It is lightweight
Here are some flaws you should know if you chose to buy it.
- It takes longer to dry out wet or damp hair
- Isn’t hot enough for styling
- It isn’t durable hence breaks down fast
- The handle is too small
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B001ADPTY8″ locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”designsauthority-20″ cart=”n” cloak=”n”]Click Here to Securely Buy It on Amazon[/easyazon_link]
5. Guidelines For Using a Professional Hair Dryer Efficiently
For the best results while using your best professional hair dryer, blow-drying one’s hair should be done the right way. Here is a step-by-step walk through on how to blow hair and blow it right.
- Begin by washing your hair. We all have different preferred methods of cleaning our hair. Use your preferred method to do this.
- Wrap your hair with a towel into a turban to dry out dripping water for around 15 minutes.
- Unwrap your hair.
- Apply straightening product of your choice to ensure faster straitening. And use hair straightening iron. See our review of the best hair straightener iron here
- Apply a heat protectant to ensure protection from heat damage.
- Distribute evenly on the hair.
- Ensure to apply the balm\straightening product evenly on your hair
- Detangle the wet hair gently but ensuring to erase any kinks that may have formed as you washed the hair
- Blast your hair from the roots with the dryer moving it across all sections of your hair as you brush cool air until your hair is almost dry.
- Set aside the dryer and portion your hair into sections that are easier to work on and hold the hair down with clippers.
- Leave out the section you want to work on.
- Using a round brush, roll the partitioned hair around the brush and move the hair dryer back and forth across the rolled up hair.
- Unroll the hair from the brush.
- Repeat this with the other clipped sections.
- Blow dry as you go up to your crown from your neckline.
- Avoid blow-drying a particular area repeatedly and resist from increasing the heat unless your hair is coarse.
- Gently blow-dry the entire head evenly passing the hair dryer through all sections until the hair is all straightened up.
- Apply a finishing sheen product if desired to put all hair in place and hold down fly away
- Style as desired and enjoy your perfect straightened out look.
6. Hair Dryer Care and Maintenance (How to maintain your best hair dryer)
Like any other tool, even the best professional hair dryer need maintenance too. After being used for a while they may tend to get clogged. Hence your “once upon a time” best professional hair dryer may not give desired results. It may be hair, dust or even build up hair products. So, ladies maintain your hair dryer well for it to in turn take care of your hair. All these debris may result into overheating, poor airflow which will ultimately result into complete breakdown of this wonder-working machine.
But here’s the good news! Cleaning of your hair dryer will spare you all this heartache. Generally, most hair dryers, especially if it is one on the best professional hair dryer, have a detachable back that enables cleaning. Remove the detachable back and gently clean out all the buildup, using a toothbrush or a clean wet cloth to clear off any dust too or if the buildup is dry. Make sure the clothe is not dripping wet but just damp.
Cleaning hair dryer Filter
A hair dryer filter is usually a spongy mesh that covers the hair dryer vent mainly to prevent hair or ant debris from getting to the motor which would interfere with the functioning of the motor. Some hair dryers have a filter whereas some don’t. If your hair dryer has a filter it is important to clean it too. A filter is rinsed under warm water to ensure all dirt is cleared out. Let it air dry before installing it back.
Cleaning Hair dryer attachments
A hair dryer works as a human body. Each organ depends on the other to function effectively. The same applies to a hair dryer. If one part is faulty all other parts won’t function well. Therefore, if you want the best result, even your hair dryer attachments should be cleaned. These attachments greatly come in handy in achieving different styles, since we all know a change is necessary once in a while. To clean them, use some warm soapy water. Deep the attachments in the water to rinse off any build up. Use your hands to clear up any left out build up. Let the attachments air dry before use.
To clean the hair dryer body, take a wet warm cloth and gently wash off any dust. Viola! You’re done. It’s a fast and easy process and it’s a precautionary measure to safeguard your investment.
Make sure to clean your best professional hair dryer frequently. I’d recommend a once a week routine.
There you have it, my comparison of the professional dryers, tips to choosing the best professional hair dryer, how to use it efficiently and how to maintain it. Hope you like it.