With printers increasingly becoming an essential part of our daily lives, it’s important to ensure that we get the most out of them. The best printer under the 200 price range has much to offer, from lasers to office inkjets. However, with such a wide variety of options available, it can be challenging to decide which one will suit your needs best.
Modern printers have updated features, faster speeds, and more advanced functions compared to the past. Whether you need a basic printer or something more complex, there’s bound to be a model that will meet your requirements. So, if you’re looking for a new printer, here are our best models of printers under 200 reviews;
Our Top Pick:
Essential Factors to Consider When Buying Best Printer Under $200
|Brother HL-L2300D||Print speed of 27ppm|
Resolution of 2400 by600 dpi
Supports duplex printing
Sheet capacity tray of 250 sheets
|HP ENVY Photo 7155||Offers a 1-year hardware limited warranty|
Supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
Supports Auto document feeder
Supports Alexa voice assistance
|Epson Expression Premium XP-7100||Supports auto duplex printing |
Has a 4.3 inches LED touch screen
Features a 30 pages document feeder
Features a 5-color ink Claria ink
|Canon Pixma MG 2522||Supports automatic duplex printing|
Optical resolutions of 600 by 1200 dpi
Speed of 8.0 for black and 4.0 for color
Supports Wi-Fi and USB connectivity
|HP OfficeJet Pro 8028||Supports Color and monochrome output|
Supports cloud printing
Features 4 months free ink supply when you sign up for HP instant ink supply
Has a speed of 20ppm for black and white and 10ppm for color
|Lexmark C3224dw||Supports duplex printing|
Has a 250 sheets capacity tray
Print speed of 24ppm
Supports cloud printing, mobile printing, Air printing, and Morpria
|Canon TS 6420||Auto duplex printing|
Supports Bluetooth, USB, and Wi-Fi connectivity
Supports print, scan, and copy features
Has a 1.44 inches touch screen
|Epson Workforce Pro WF-3820||Supports Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity|
The printing speed of 21ppm for black and 11ppm for color
Has a 2.7 inches LED touch screen
Supports duplex print, scan, and copy
|Pantum M7102DW||Print speed of 33ppm for A4 and 35ppm for letter size|
Supports print scan and copy features
Has a scan speed of 24ppm for A4 and 25ppm for letter size
Supports Wi-Fi, USB, and Ethernet connectivity
|Epson Expression Home XP-5100||Has a 2.4 inches LED touch screen|
Supports PC, Laptop, and Smartphone compatibility
Print supports 14ppm black and 7.5 ppm for color
Supports Auto duplex for scan, print, and copy
10 Best Printer Under 200 Reviews
1. Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer
Our top pick on this review adventure of best printers under 200 takes us to this brother HLL2300D Monochrome laser printer. If you are looking for a printer that offers excellent quality at a low cost, this is a good option. It provides a high print speed of up to 27ppm and excellent printing quality of 2400 x 600 dpi.
The paper tray has a capacity of 250 sheets and supports automatic two-sided prints. The recommended print volume of this printer is 2000 pages per month. It also comes with a USB interface that allows you to connect directly to any computer via USB cable. However, if you update it from window 7 or 8 to Windows 10, some of its features may fail to respond.
- Dimensions : 10.5″ x 12.0″ x 6.9″
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Recommended Print Volume: 2,000 Pages Per Month
- Paper Tray Capacity: 250 Sheets
- Interface Type: USB
- Color: Black & White
- Power Supply: AC Adapter
- High Print Speed – Up to 27 ppm
- Excellent Printing Quality – 2400 x 600 DPI
- 250 Sheet Paper Tray Capacity
- Automatic 2 Sided Printing
- Support a USB connectivity Interface
- Affordable Price
- Easy Operation
- High-quality output
- Highly reliable for large volume prints due to its speed
- Some features may not work if you upgrade from window 7 or 8 to windows 10
- Does not support Wi-Fi connection
2. HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Photo Printer
This is the best HP printer that falls in the category of under 200 printers. It comes with amazing features such as wireless printing, instant ink, works with Alexa, an auto document feeder, and many other useful features.
It prints photos, documents, and even business cards quickly and easily. This HP ENVY printer also allows you to scan documents and save them in PDF format. There are two different ways by which you can connect this printer to your device, either through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity.
It also supports a wide range of paper sizes like A3, A4, B5, etc. This makes it easy to print whatever size of paper you want. Moreover, the printer automatically detects what type of paper you use and adjusts accordingly.
The versatility of this HP Envy printer is its main advantage. It is well-suited for both Mac and PC devices. With this printer, you can print text, images, and graphics directly from your SD or phone without any hassle. And more importantly, it comes with a 1-year hardware limited warranty with 24-hours and seven days a week Web support. You no longer have to download what you need to print since it supports social media printing and cloud printing such as Dropbox, iCloud, and Google drive.
- Type: All-In-One Photo Printer
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7, and Windows XP
- Maximum Resolution: 1200 x 800 pixels
- Paper Feeders: Automatic Duplex, Manual
- Size: 9.8″ x 13.6″ x 3.0″
- Power Source: AC Adapter
- Photo Printing Capability
- Instant Ink Technology
- Works with Alexa
- Auto Document Feeder
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Compatible with Both Windows and Mac Devices
- It offers great Value for Money
- Its highly versatile
- It’s easy to set up and operate
- It has a hardware-limited warranty
3. Epson Expression Premium XP-7100 Wireless Color Photo Printer
This is by far our best photo printer under 200. The printer offers excellent quality prints and has a fast speed. It also comes with all the basic features that one would expect from a photo printer allowing you to print pictures, documents, and even envelopes.
This Epson printer has a built-in scanner and copier. So, you don’t have to worry about carrying around a separate scanner and copier.
You can connect this printer to a computer via USB cable or wirelessly using Wi-Fi. It also has a maximum resolution of up to 4800 x 2400 dpi and uses the latest technology called eXpress Print 4.0. This means that you can print multiple copies within seconds. Also, it gives you the flexibility to choose between black and white and color mode, plus it has a memory card slot where you can insert your memory card.
Additionally, it works well on both Mac and PC devices and is compatible with most operating systems, including iOS and Android. It comes with a 2-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee regarding warranty options.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows, macOS, Linux
- Maximum Resolution: 4800 x 2400 dpi
- Scanning Speed: Up to 20 ppm
- Copying Speed: Up to 25 ppm
- Color Mode: Black & White, Full Color
- Printing Speed: Up to 12ppm
- Battery Life: Up to 600 sheets
- Photo Prints
- Smart Home Automation
- Built-in Scanner and Copier
- Offers full-color mode option
- Affordable Price Tag
- Easy To Use
- Highly reliable battery life
- Low cost of maintenance
- It only works with Epson cartridges. Even third-party cartridges or inks described as compatible may fail to work.
4. Canon Pixma MG2522 All-in-One Inkjet Printe
If you are looking for the best all-in-one printer under 200 with high-quality photo printing, then this is by far the best option available today. You get clear, crisp photos plus a compact size that makes it easy to move around. Plus, the device’s auto document feeder helps you complete complex tasks efficiently.
It comes with Wi-Fi connectivity to link online sources like email, Facebook, etc., so you can print, scan, fax, copy and share everything right away. Moreover, you can operate it completely hands-free thanks to its intelligent voice recognition feature.
Additionally, the printer’s wireless connection provides fast transfer rates. It also has built-in duplex scanning. So, you can scan two sides at once, saving time, effort, paper, ink, and electricity. You can use the versatile scanner more advantageously, including an automatic document feeder and flatbed scanner.
Its system operates on standard double-sided plain paper without ink to deliver fast printing speeds, and its equipped with an impressive 150 page per minute maximum speed.
- Type: Multifunction Device
- Connecting Method: USB 2.0 Cable, wireless
- Compatible Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 / 8/8.1 / 7 / Vista
- Maximum Resolution : 15,600 x 3440 px
- Memory Card Slot: Internal
- Dimension : 5.65″ x 11.9″ x 22.4″
- Weight: 13 lbs.
- Full HD Photo Printing
- Supports Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Duplex Printing
- Convenient Scanner
- Automatic Document Filing
- Intelligent Recognition Technology
- High-Quality Images
- Advanced Image Processing Technology
- Easily Operates With Few Instructions
- Easy to assemble
- Slightly Expensive
5. HP Officejet Pro 8028 All-in-One Printer
This multifunctional device offers a variety of features, including copying, scanning, faxing, printing, and cloud-based wireless printing. It is designed for users who need to manage their documents anywhere; you can connect your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth to access files and send them wirelessly.
Moreover, with a 2.65″ color touchscreen display, you can view all the necessary information while using the device. The device supports both Mac OS X and Windows operating systems and comes with a 3-year warranty. It weighs about 12 pounds and measures 6.2 inches wide, 9.6 inches tall, and 4.7 inches deep. Its dimensions include a total weight of 14.6 ounces.
More importantly, it is compatible with Alexa and Google assistant. This means that you will control your device via voice commands. Also, HP Officejet pro buyers enjoy a print speed of up to 20ppm for black and white print mode and 10ppm for color prints. And again, you get a 4-months free instant ink supply if you sign up for HP instant ink service during the setup process.
- Colors: Black, White, Red, Blue, Pink
- Capacity: 250 sheet capacity
- Resolution: 1200 dpi
- Paper Size Supported: Legal size, Letter size, B4 size, Small Envelope, Postcard, Ledger size, Roll Paper.
- Document Formats: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, JPG, PNG, PostScript, PCL, DPOF, RTF, DOCX, XML, TXT, PPT, HTML, EPUB
- Scanning Support: Barcode, QR code, AVI, JPG, PDF, TIFF, EPS, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, PSD, Word document
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Supports a wide range of output sizes from letter to legal sheets
- Automatic duplex printing allows users to save paper through automatic two-sided printing
- Print directly from email attachments, smartphones, tablets, and even computers
- Connects easily to almost any network environment: wired ethernet, wireless Wi-Fi direct or hotspot, or Amazon Web Services Cloud Print
- Includes a built-in scanner to capture important images and documents
- Can also work over shared network drives like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive
- It’s highly durable.
- Its compact size makes it easy to carry around
- Low maintenance costs
- Highly reliable printing speeds
- Ink supply limited to 4 months
6. Lexmark C3224dw Color Laser Printer
Lexmark C3214dwi Color Laser Copier delivers outstanding results with crisp text and vivid colors every day. The fast print speed and convenient touchscreen controls make this device perfect for home offices and small businesses. With its impressive toner cartridge life of up to 50,000 pages, this machine will not disappoint you. This copier comes with built-in faxing capability and copies protection software. It also supports USB 2.0 and Ethernet connections. The Lexmark C3212dwi offers exceptional value without sacrificing usability.
It also features a 250 sheets capacity tray and a single-sheet feeder. Furthermore, you can connect this model to Amazon cloud services to access email attachments and share files in real-time. Its high resolution 2400 x 600 dpi printing quality provides exceptional clarity.
This color laser printer under 200 is suitable for office applications where you need to print small documents and emails daily. Its print speed of 24 pages per minute makes it ideal for small workgroups that need high-quality prints and a compact design. The color laser printer has a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Maximum Sheet Capacity: 250 Sheets
- Print Resolution: 300 DPI, 600 DPI, 1200 DPI
- Sheet Feeder Type: Single-Sided
- Media Types Supported: Plain Paper, Premium Glossy Paper, Transparent Film
- Color Options: Black & White
- Fax Support: Yes
- Printer Driver Software: Windows 7/8/10 Mac OS X 10.7 -10.13
- Supports Wi-Fi and USB connectivity
- Supports single-sided sheet feeder
- Fast Printing Speed
- Excellent Image Quality
- Easy Operation
- Features an intuitive touch panel operation so users can operate this device effortlessly.
- Quick Start-Up Time
- Flexible Network Connection Mode
- High Toner Cartridge Life
- Easy to operate
- It’s not ideal for places with large output volumes
7. Canon TS6420 All-In-One Wireless Printer
The Canon TS6420 is a well-built wireless multifunction printer that takes care of all your needs. Equipped with Wi-Fi technology, this system works seamlessly on any network and supports Android and iOS operating systems. You get two full-color inkjet print engines, an input tray for receipts or other paper types, as well as a 250-page document feeder, and a 120-sheet automatic document feeder.
Besides these useful functions, the TS6420 incorporates a 4GB memory card slot for storing photos, music, etc., and it includes a USB port to plug in a flash drive or smartphone. This model supports duplex printing and printing in landscape mode, and it comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
With its ease of setup, reliable performance, and reasonable price, the TS6420 is a solid choice for many home and office use cases.
- Print Resolution: Up To 4800×1200
- Software Drivers: Apple iOS v9.3 or later; Android 4.4 KitKat or higher and Microsoft Windows 8 or later
- Scanner Type: Flatbed Multifunctional Scanner
- Scanning Capability: 600DPI, 1200DPI, 2400DPI
- Dimensions Width x Depth x Height: 36.1″ x 18.5″ x 29.6″
- Power Supply: AC Adapter Receivable Power Voltage: 100V~240V; Input Frequency: 60 Hz
- Warranty Service Period: 3 years
- Supports double-sided printing
- comes with ink cartridges
- Supports both color and black and white printing modes
- Supports Wi-Fi connection
- It has a large memory capacity
- It has a good battery backup time
- Continues printing in black and white once the ink finishes
- It comes with a user guide manual for easy setup
- Some people experience challenges setting up a Wi-Fi connection
8. Epson Workforce Pro WF-3820 Wireless Color Inkjet All-in-One Printer
This Epson office printer is designed specifically for small businesses that require fast, dependable printing without relying on slow fax machines. It offers high-quality photo prints at up to 38 ppm, plus it can create copies of original documents along with checks, receipts, and invoices. The touchscreen interface makes it easier than ever to set up, manage, and maintain this printer.
Its built-in auto-duplexing feature automatically feeds the first page of a job from one side than the second page from the opposite side of the paper path for more efficient production speeds. Meanwhile, you can scan directly to PDF files using the integrated flatbed scanner.
You also get four different options when it comes to scanning. Each option allows you to choose whether the scanner should read both sides of the paper simultaneously, only front or backside, or even just the text portion of the page. In addition, each type of file has a separate button for adding unique fonts or metadata, such as titles to the scanned images.
Aside from its impressive capabilities, this quality printer for under 200 boasts numerous connectivity options for increased convenience. Its Ethernet port makes it compatible with virtually all networks. You can also connect it wirelessly using 802.11n Wi-Fi technology. Its printhead cleaning function helps keep the machine running smoothly by clearing out clogged nozzles periodically to perform consistently every time.
In addition, this model has an SD card reader for easy transfer of data between devices. Other features include paper trays to store standard letter-size and legal-size paper with a 250 sheet roll supply.
- Color Printing Mode – CMYK, Black &White Mode
- Max. Output Speed – Up to 36 pages per minute.
- Scanning Capabilities – Auto Document Feeder, Flatbed Type Scanner
- Memory Capacity – 4GB*
- Network Connectivity – Wired 100Mbps Ethernet LAN Port; Wireless 802.11b/g/n
- Power Supply Options – AC Adapter, USB Power Cable, Battery Pack, 3xAA Batteries
- Dimensions: 12 x 10.3 x 22.5 inches .
- Built-In Flatbed and ADF Touch Screen Scanners
- Comes With Canon IRS application Suite Software
- Wireless 802.11 b/G/N Technology
- Ethernet LAN Port
- SD Card Reader Compatible Media Format
- Compatible with Windows 8/10/7/XP
- Supports Multiple Network Protocols
- It’s fairly simple to install.
- The price is suitable for a multifunctional device.
- Fast and reliable printing speed
- It’s a bit pricy
9. Pantum M7102DW Laser Printer Under 200
This multifunctional device is among the best laser printer under 200 that offers users plenty of flexibility from its various available functions. For example, three copying modes are single-sided, double-sided, and two-page duplex output. Users can choose any mode they want depending on what works best for their needs.
It’s not uncommon for businesses to use single-sided copying simply because it’s cost-effective and doesn’t take up much space. However, they might switch to two-page copying if they have a lot of documents that need scanning.
Besides its selection of copying modes, this device also includes several other convenient features. You can select when to start scanning from the front or backside of the document. Depending on which side of the page you choose, the scanner will scan the reverse or forward direction. This saves a reasonable amount of time since it eliminates flipping the page multiple times during scanning.
The Pantum M7102 DW uses a flatbed scanner similar to many models currently available. It comes mounted with a glass panel, so users don’t have to worry about damaging anything while using the unit. Most scanners offer a variety of resolutions ranging from 600 dpi to 2400 dpi. While high-resolution scans provide better quality images, lower resolutions are also useful. Since the Pantum has a maximum resolution of 1200 dpi, it should be sufficient for most purposes. You can choose any of the available options depending on your preference.
- Type: Laser Printer
- Driver: Microsoft Windows Driver Model Version: 1.0.1
- Print media- plain paper
- Printer Output- Monochrome
- Output Resolution: 9600dpi
- Maximum Paper Feed Type: Continuous Paper
- Input Tray Type: Removable
- Prints up to 29 pages per minute.
- It has a compact design
- Simple Operation interface
- Easy-to-Use Software: Simply plug the scanner into your computer’s USB port and then run the included software application.
- Large Document Capture Capability
- It includes upgraded components, including Canon brand toner cartridges.
- Quick Start Guide & Compatibility Checklist
- High-Speed Printing
- User-friendly controls make setup fast and simple.
- Easily captures documents such as books, magazines, and brochures.
- Slim chassis makes it easy to transport anywhere.
- Some people experience challenges using it for the first time
10. Epson Expression Home XP-5100 Wireless Color Photo Printe
Finally, we come to our last pick of the best printer under 200 reviews. The Epson Expression Home XP-5100 Wireless Color Photo Printer offers many features at an affordable price. It has a wireless connection which saves you from messing with cables. This model also includes auto-scanning capabilities and a 150 sheets tray capacity.
Additionally, it can scan both horizontal and vertical images. You can even use it wirelessly to copy photos or other graphics. This model supports JPEG, TIFF, PSD files, and photo printing. The unit is compatible with Wi-Fi and Ethernet networks. Print speeds range between 0-29 ppm depending on page size. And finally, if you want more versatility, you can easily remove the scanner portion of this product for use as a standalone copier.
- Color Printing Technology: Inkjet technology
- Wi-Fi Compatible
- Scanning Technology: Automatic document feeder
- Network Interface: Wired / Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- Memory Card Slot Available
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7,8, Mac OS X v10.6
- A versatile multifunctional device
- The perfect combination of color laser print, scan, and copy functions
- Copy multiple copies of a single image
- Automatic document feeding allows continuous copying without manual intervention.
- Photo printing at home or away
- It can be used as a digital camera or as a portable mini scanner
- Affordable price with a lot of features
- Has the ability to copy in color
- Supports both wired and wireless connections
- Supports automatic document feeding capabilities
- It doesn’t support 3rd party cartridges
Best Printer Under 200 Buying Guide
If you’re looking for the best printer under 200, you have plenty of choices to choose from. However, there are things that you should keep in mind and some key details that are worth mentioning to steer clear of any potential problems down the line. Below, we will go through several factors you might need to consider before making an informed purchase decision.
1. Paper Types
Before choosing your new printer, it would be wise to think about what type of paper you might want to use. Your primary choice will depend on whether you intend to print documents only or if you like taking pictures too.
Select a printer that will accommodate different types of paper. Depending on how many people share your office space, it would be good to ensure that they all have access to the same paper stocks.
Do not forget to check if your selected printer uses standard ink cartridges or specialized ones. Standard cartridges usually cost less than their premium counterparts but eventually run out sooner. They tend to be cheaper because most manufacturers have invested money in research and development. Premium cartridges are generally better quality and last longer, but you will end up spending more than twice as much. Choose a cartridge that will save on costs.
3. Memory Cards
Make sure that you look carefully at memory cards to avoid paying extra for them. Most models these days feature built-in flash storage, meaning your purchased card will never be needed again. Nevertheless, you could always find yourself running low on space during long weekends and holidays. As such, it might be worth purchasing a memory card separately.
When selecting a printer, make sure to take into account software compatibility. Many printers feature built-in software that will enable you to connect directly to the internet when using Wi-Fi connectivity. This saves on installation fees and allows you to download third-party applications onto your device.
However, this comes with a drawback since some printers require you to install special drivers. For instance, Mac OS X users must obtain third-party drivers to use the Canon Pixma iP2600 printer. Therefore, you must understand the software compatibility of the printer you decide to purchase
5. Wireless Connectivity
You don’t necessarily have to spend huge amounts of money buying wireless connectivity. The truth is that most popular printers include built-in wireless support. Some even offer two modes of connection – one fast and reliable, and the other slower but with greater range. Either way, you must test the functionality of your printer before purchasing it.
You can hook up directly to another computer or connect it via Bluetooth. Once everything is installed correctly, you should be able to see an icon appear on your screen, indicating that your printer supports Wi-Fi connectivity.
6. USB Port
If possible, stick to printers that feature multiple ports instead of just one. They are safer to purchase, especially if you plan on sharing your printer between several computers. Although some printers might come with one, it is doubtful that a single port will suffice.
One of the reasons behind this is that we live in a digital age where multifunction devices are becoming increasingly sophisticated. In addition to printing, they now double up as scanners, copiers, fax machines, voice recorders, and anything else that requires direct contact with the hardware. With that said, you shouldn’t expect to pay too much for the privilege of having a second port.
To sum it all up, getting the best printer under 200 requires some patience. You need to research and compare various models until you come across one you like. At the same time, take into account the various factors outlined above. Only then will you end up with an ideal machine that meets all your printing requirements. However challenging it is, we hope our guide on the printer under 200 reviews helps you settle for a printer that does everything you want it to do.
- Top 10 Best Photo Printer for Scrapbooking Reviews
- Best Printer for Documents
- Leading 10 Best Thermal Printer Reviews
- Top 10 Best Printer Under 300 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Printer Under $100 Reviews
Last update on 2022-05-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API