If you are looking for the best printer under $100, this post might give you some insight by giving a reasonable solution. Due to an abrupt increase in demand and competition, companies offer pretty deals on a budget.
Also, to get the best printer under $100 does not mean you sacrifice a lot of features. Better, still you can compromise some features that you don’t want already and get one that will serve you best.
Our article has done top 10 printers under $100 reviews to give you somewhere to start on your search. In addition, we have discussed factors to consider when getting one.
Our Top Pick:
Important Factors to Consider When Purchasing Printer Under $100
|Brother HL-L23000D||Print Resolution: 2600 x 600Printing |
|Canon Pixma MG2522 Inkjet Printer||Print Color: monochrome and color|
Dimension: 18 x 7.60 x 14.60 inches
|HP DeskJet 3752||Weight: 2.31kgs|
Print technology: inkjet
|Canon IVY Mini Photo Printer||Print Speed: 50 seconds|
Print paper capacity: 10 sheets
Size: 2 x 3”
|HP Deskjet Plus 4155||Printing Speed: 5ppm black and white, 3ppm colored|
Paper Size: most common papers up to legal size
Duplex Printing: manual
|Fujifilm Instax SP-3||Image Format: JPEG, PNG|
Paper Capacity: 10 sheets
Operating System: Android, IOS
|HP DeskJet 3755||Monthly Duty: 1000 pages|
Cartridges: HP 65, 65XL
Function: print, scan, and copy
|Pantum P2502W||Connectivity: USB and Wi-Fi|
Duplex Printing: Manual
Monthly Output: 700 pages
|HP DeskJet 2755||Printing Speed: 7.5(B&W) and 5.5(color)|
Connectivity: USB & Bluetooth
Ink Cartridges: HP 67 series
|Polaroid Hi-Print||Paper Size: 2 x 3” & 2 x 3.4”|
Battery Life: 20 prints per charge
1. Brother HL-L23000D
Brother HL-L23000D is a great option if looking for a monochrome laser printer. It is one of the best printers for under $100 with good paper handling and excellent features. On the downside, this printer connects via USB only, but if you like it, USB connectivity works well too.
- Productivity– Brother HL-L23000D is the most reliable printer under $100. It has a large paper tray holding up to 250 sheets of paper. In addition is greatly rated for its fast printing speed, paired with both side printing with a high resolution of 2600 x 600dpi.
- Print Quality– although the printer has a high printing speed the output quality is not compromised. You should note that printing speed depends on the paper type used. Note that this printer, only prints in black and white.
- Design– this printer has a boxy design, good enough for both home and office use. Also, it has a manual feed slot and rear paper exit, easy for two-sided printing. The front paper tray can hold up to 250 print papers. Moreover, you can adjust it to fit legal and letter paper sizes.
- Value- this printer offers value for your money with great quality prints, high printing speed, and 250 print paper trays. In addition, you get more toner cartridges value using toner saver mode. Though it doesn’t have wireless printing, it can print pretty well using a USB cable.
- Print resolution; 2600 x 600
- Printing speed; 27ppm
- Connectivity; USB
- Monthly duty; 10,000 pages
- 250 printing paper tray
- Duplex printing
- Toner saving mode
- No wireless connectivity
2. Canon Pixma MG2522
Canon Pixma MG2522 is the, and also for small offices. It’s the best photo inkjet printer under $100 with all in one printer with copy, scan, and print functions.
In addition, this printer requires canon Pixma MG2522 replacement ink cartridges. Either use 245 and 246 canon ink cartridges or high yield 245XL and 246XL ink.
- Affordable Home Printing– Pixma MG2522 is a good printer for home use, now that you can almost do most of the things with it. This printer performs well for its price compared to other printers. Actually, it’s among the best home printer under $100.
- Copier/ Printer/ Scanner– Pixma MG2522 prints great images and clear scans. To add on, the printer function with less noise minimizing disturbance. You can use this printer for both color and black and white, to print from your tablet or computer.
- Print Quality- this printer from canon, prints both pictures, and documents. However, the color in pictures is great but the printer does not support borderless printing. So you will always have a border on your 4 x 6” photos.
- Set Up – You need to connect this printer using a USB cable to your device. Once the connection is complete, it will be automatically detected. Ready for use.
- Print Color; monochrome and color
- Dimension; 18 x 7.60 x 14.60 inches
- Technology; inkjet
- Speed; 8.0 imp black and 4.0ipm
- XL cartridge size for often replacement
- High print quality
- Print, scan and copy feature
- No borderless printing
3. HP DeskJet 3752
HP DeskJet 3752 is one of the best wireless printers under 100 for scanning, copying, and printing virtually any device. Also, it’s affordably designed to fit and look good anywhere. In addition, it is a quality computer printer for under $100. With its small size, it can fit almost anywhere.
With HP scroll scan, you can quickly scan a variety of papers. This printer is one of the world’s smallest all-in-one printers. Unfortunately, this printer is slow and lacks all features in one printer but does the job.
- Compact and Design- this printer generally is made to fit anywhere, thanks to its compact size. It’s also designed to add color to your space and bring out style with a range of hues.
- Easy Set Up- The printer supports wireless connectivity. With an easy setup right from the box, you can send documents directly from your tablet or smartphone. Either at home, in the office, or on the go without connecting to any network, Wi-Fi, or network.
- All in One Printer- HP DeskJet 3752 has all copy, print, and scan functions. With a high yield original HP ink cartridge option.
- Wireless Connectivity- printing from your mobile device has been made easier, either at home, work, or on the go. You can print without using any wired connection.
- Weight; 2.31kgs
- Print technology; inkjet
- Connectivity; Wi-Fi
- Output; color
- Copy, scan, and print function
- Wireless printing
- Compatible with mobile devices
- Slow printing speed
4. Canon IVY Mini Photo Printer
Canon IVY is a notably compact printer, less than 1inch tall. It’s among the best photo printer under $100, whereby you can easily print photos from a compatible tablet or phone. In addition, it runs on an in-built rechargeable battery. When connecting to your devices, use Bluetooth to pair with Android devices or IOS.
This is a good printer for under $100, which you can print your photos without a wired connection. However, you only need one when you are recharging your battery. Also, this printer has a lot to offer, especially with its small size.
- Canon Printer Mobile App– this printers’ app is available for download from the app store for free. It is compatible with IOS 9 and above, and android 4.4 upwards. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth 4.0 for printing.
In addition, this app allows you to customize your images by adding emojis, frames, stickers, and many more before printing.
- Print Quality– output borderless images are smudge-free, long-lasting, and water-resistant. At the back, there is an adhesive sticker. In case you need to stick the paper for display, just peel it off at the back.
- Zero Ink Technology- this printer uses zero ink activating different layers of dye by heating, eventually, your image is formed. However, this printer is only compatible with ZINK photo paper.
- Built-in Battery– Canon IVY has a rechargeable built-in battery. Which can print up to 20 prints when fully charged.
- Print speed; 50 seconds
- Print paper capacity; 10 sheets
- Size; 2 x 3”
- Memory storage; 64MB
- Easy to use mobile app
- Fast printing speed
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Only compatible with Android and IOS
5. HP Deskjet Plus 4155
HP DeskJet plus 4155 is a simple and low-priced all-in-one printer. It has both an automatic paper feeder and a flatbed scanner. On the downside, this printer operates manually for duplex printing, and also, the page yields are relatively poor. However, it is the best home printer under $100 since it offers so much.
- Printing Speed– HP DeskJet 4155 printer has a relatively slow printing speed. You have to wait for a longer period while printing documents. Moreover, photo printing speed is slower. In addition, the paper tray holds 25 paper sheets.
- Manual LCD Display Screen– The LCD screen shows ink levels, Wi-Fi signal, and different errors. The screen is easy to see either sited or while standing on the front side. Also, there are seven buttons to control different actions.
- Cartridge- you need to replace the cartridges frequently if you need to print more often. Fortunately, there are larger cartridges that last a bit longer; HP67XL and HP67XXL. Additionally, this printer accepts third-party cartridges, but it might disqualify your warranty.
- Scanner– HP 4155 has good scanning features, with an automatic document feeder. The scanner bed has a good color depth and resolution. However, you need to manually flip the pages for double-sided printing.
- Printing sped; 5ppm black and white, 3ppm colored
- Paper size; most common papers up to legal size
- Duplex printing; manual
- Flatbed scanner size; 8.5” x 11”
- Well-functioning scanner
- Excellent color accuracy
- HP Smart app
- High cost per print
6. Fujifilm Instax SP-3 Mobile Printer
Fujifilm Instax SP-3 printer is an upgrade from SP-2 but slightly bigger. Also, it’s priced almost as SP-2 introduction price. Although SP-3 film is more expensive, it’s the highest-rated printer for under 100. And its cost is nothing compared to the benefits you get.
- Compact Design– this SP-3 looks like SP-2, but slightly larger. However, measuring 5.1 x 4.6 x 1.8 inches and 11.1ounces makes it not pocketable. But, it will definitely fit in your small bag comfortably.
- Portable with In-built Battery– SP-3 is powered by an inbuilt battery, with a micro USB port for recharging. You can carry it around and print your photos whenever you need them. It will perfectly work for birthday photos, family gatherings, and other social gatherings.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity– SP-3 printer is one of the best photo printer under 100. It relies on your smartphone to send images, since it doesn’t have a card slot nor connect to your laptop via USB.
- App– the printer broadcasts its own Wi-Fi, which can be connected without a password. However, the app works with a default 111 password to protect it from unauthorized users.
In addition, the app contains some intelligent filters, apply a sepia or black and white monochrome look. Moreover, if you need more edit options, download the VSCO app.
- Resolution; 318 x 318 dpi
- Image format; JPEG, PNG
- Paper capacity; 10 sheets
- Operating system; Android, IOS
- Compatible with android and IOS
- 160 prints per charge
- Long-lasting inbuilt battery
- High cost per print
7. HP DeskJet 3755 Compact All-in-One Wireless Printer
HP DeskJet 3755 is among the smallest and best wireless printer under 100. From the HP scroll feature, you can operate all scan jobs.
Also, you get to connect your smartphone, tablets directly without a network. We like most about DeskJet 3755 is you can recycle your original HP cartridges free of charge through HP Planet Partners, thus conserving the environment.
- Compact– DeskJet 3755 is reasonably small to fit efficiently in your bag to print, copy and scan documents whenever you are. Moreover, this printer has a high printing speed of 19ppm for black and white and 15ppm for color documents.
- Thermal Inkjet Technology- produces detailed outputs with a resolution of 4800 X 1200dpi. You can comfortably print photos, handouts, and other professional documents. In addition, the scanner allows you to digitize documents using the scanner and capture details in different file formats.
- Function- with a built-in copier, you can easily reproduce documents, either colored or black and white. Also, it’s the most affordable way to print your images saving up to 50% of ink. For both black and white, and color print with low price.
- Connectivity- the printer has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, enabling you to print documents remotely. Also, you can connect wirelessly with the HP ePrint app from mobile devices compatible with this HP printer.
- Monthly duty; 1000 pages
- Cartridges; HP 65, 65XL
- Function; print, scan, and copy
- Control; LCD screen with 8 segments
- High printing resolution
- Free HP cartridges recycle
- Instant ink eligible
- Low 1000 pages’ monthly duty
8. Pantum P2502WNo products found.
Pantum P2502W printer is among the best printer under 100 dollars, with advanced features and quick operation. Also, it’s compatible with most major platforms like Linux, android, windows, chrome OS and IOS. If you are looking for a cost-effective printer with a large volume, you need to consider this one.
Also, it’s the best wireless printer under 100. You can connect and print remotely from your phone using wireless connectivity. Also, it connects with a high speed using high-speed 2.0USB and Wi-Fi. Although this printer has low-quality graphics, you have so much to enjoy.
- Compact, Sleek Design– to fit nicely on your workspaces. The printer also has a dust-free design to reduce printing time, by keeping cartridges clean. The automatic sleep mode helps to conserve energy.
- Economical Cartridges- this printer has a low cost per page. If you need to print large volumes, this printer will save you a lot with a cartridge output of 1600 pages to reduce running costs.
- Eco-friendly Cartridges- this printer uses eco-friendly all-in-one cartridges to reduce environmental waste. It is also equipped with a metal frame, whereas other parts are recyclable. In addition, the materials are energy star certified.
- Faster Printing Set Up- with one-step setup, you get to print within the shortest time possible, and within 7.8 seconds you get your first printed page. All this is attributed to Wi-Fi direct and mobile printing for faster printing at home, or office.
- Cartridge; 1600 pages
- Connectivity USB and Wi-Fi
- Manual duplex printing
- Monthly output; 700 pages
- Durable with metal frame
- You can connect it directly from mobile devices
- Low cost per page
- Compatible with any mobile devices
- High printing speed
- Lesser graphic quality
- Low monthly output
9. HP DeskJet 2755
DeskJet 2755 is the best printer under 100. It gives you everything essential that you need in a printer, from the scanner, copier, and printer. And` get to breeze through projects without breaking the bank.
However, the printer only functions solely with original cartridges with HP circuitry. Third-party or modified cartridges may not work. Deskjet 2755 is compatible with HP 67 monochrome and tri-color, HP 67XL black and tri-color, and HP 67XXL black and tri-color.
Unfortunately, the printer doesn’t have a battery, so you only have to use it near power outlets. This is not necessarily a negative since it has many benefits to offer.
- All in one– this printer allows you to copy, print, or scan using your smartphone. Afterward, you can share the document with third-party apps like Google Drive and Dropbox, using the HP Smart app.
- Wireless printing– you can connect to the printer by 2.0 Wi-Fi with self-reset. Additionally, this color printer allows you to print from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth technology. These connections are more reliable and fast to set up and use.
- HP Smart App- this app helps you to set up your printer faster with step by step guide. What you have to do is download the app, connect to Wi-Fi, and you are all set up to use the printer across all your devices.
- Compatibility– the printer connects well with macOS and Microsoft windows. Any device using these operating systems can connect to access all the printer functions. In addition, this printer includes 20% recycled material.
- Printing speed; 7.5(B&W) and 5.5(color)
- Connectivity; USB & Bluetooth
- Ink cartridges; HP 67 series
- Weight; 7.5 Pounds
- HP Smart app
- High resolution
- Built-in high-speed USB
- Only HP series cartridges
10. Polaroid Hi-Print
Hi-print is among the best wireless printer under 100 for photos from Polaroid. It uses dye sublimation to give you life-like, beautiful prints to surround yourself with. This printer gives you the freedom to create when inspiration strikes.
- Polaroid Hi-print App– this app is free to allow customizing your prints to make them more lively by adding texts, filters, and stickers to create your own world.
- Compatibility- Hi-print, printer is compatible with iPhone 6S, devices running on IOS 12.2+ and smartphones running Android 7 and above. Your device connects to the printer via Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and 5.0.
- Battery- Hi-Print printer has a lithium-ion battery, with up to 20 prints on a full charge. To recharge, you only need an hour using its micro-USB and a separate charger. So long as you don’t forget your charger, be sure to make inspirational prints everywhere you go.
- Print Paper– the printer creates beautiful prints on self-adhesive photo paper. The paper can be stuck on any surface. Simply print, peel and stick on your phone, laptop, or at the back of someone you love.
- Weight; 255g
- Paper size; 2 x 3” & 2 x 3.4”
- Interface; Bluetooth
- Battery life; 20 prints per charge
- Wireless connectivity
- Fast recharging
- Polaroid Hi-Print app
- Only compatible with polaroid Hi-print paper cartridges
Buying Guide- Best Printer Under $100
The printer you get for your home or office use affects the quality of your printed outputs. Whether it’s a document or a photo, there is a printer that will work for you.
However, choosing the right one can be challenging. Fortunately, we have highlighted what to look for before making your best printer under the $100 choice.
What Type of User are You?
Suppose you buy a printer for home use. In that case, it’s advisable to get a durable, multifunctional printer since it will serve many people with different needs, like photo printing, brochures, or even essays. However, colored inkjet printers are the best for home use since they are fast and can print almost everything.
Additionally, corporate printers need to be heavy-duty and faster to handle the printing volume available. Hence, laser printers work well for large organizations and corporations. Better still, you can go for the printers made explicitly for corporate use.
Moreover, if you are a photographer, you need a printer to print vibrant colors. Getting an inkjet printer is wise since it can support the ink set, support the paper you need, and have color management tools.
Supply and Maintenance Cost
You can’t judge the printer’s effectiveness just by looking at the price. A printer might be cheap to buy but very expensive to maintain.
Before buying a printer, ensure the papers you need to use are compatible with the printer.
Resolution and Speed
Consider the given information about the printer on speed and resolution, especially for photo printing. However, you can ask for printout samples to be sure.
Check out a printer’s connectivity features. Traditionally, printers used USB and Ethernet. Nowadays, most printers have a Wi-Fi option essential for home and office use.
Buying a printer needs a lot of consideration, and more so when working on a budget. But the truth is, to get the best printer under $100, go for a printer that will fulfill your wants and, if possible, choose one with additional features.
You don’t have to break the bank to get an expensive printer. In our article, we have done our top 10 printers under $100 reviews to give you options of what you can go for.
- Top 10 Best Printer Stand Reviews
- 10 Best Printer for Graphic Designer Reviews
- Top 10 Best Mobile Printer Reviews
- Best Printer for MTG Proxies Reviews
- Top 10 Best Printer Under $200 Reviews
Last update on 2022-05-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API