We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The struggle of working with thin hair is one that is all too real. If you throw a flat iron into the mix, then it can be incredibly frustrating trying to get it to work with your hair type. The good news is, the world of cosmetology has brought out the best products to help the battle in styling your thin, fine hair. One such product is the Sam Villa Signature Series Texturizing Flat Iron. Today, we are going to explore some of the top features and benefits that this flat iron has to offer. In addition to that, we have got some tips on how to style your hair if you are familiar with the frustration of thin, unruly, and frizzy hair.
The Sam Villa was designed for straightening hair that is naturally smooth, straight, and flat. Instead of having your straightener work overtime, the Sam Villa works efficiently thanks to its titanium plates. These unique titanium coated ceramic plates feature a textured design that almost looks like tiny crimping tools. This textured design is the secret weapon that gives your hair an added dose of volume and texture. This distinct textured feature is what has allowed it to be the best flat iron for fine hair.
This flat iron has titanium coated ceramic plates which are the best option for anyone with fine hair. Ceramic plates are able to smooth out your hair and help prevent frizz from happening. They are able to distribute the heat throughout the plates evenly, so you don’t have to worry about hot spots that will burn your hair – huge plus!
Now that you have gotten a general glimpse of what many consider to be the best flat iron for thin, fine hair, let’s dive into more details about the Sam Villa Signature Series Texturizing Flat Iron!
[amazon_textlink asin=’B00QFXANNK’ text=’Sam Villa Signature Series Texturizing Flat Iron’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’designsauthority-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’054c5fed-9a28-11e7-ad2a-e188febaf3ef’ rel=’nofollow’]!
[easyazon_image align=”none” cart=”n” cloak=”n” height=”245″ identifier=”B00QFXANNK” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://www.designsauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/31RvBP2B5xlL.jpg” tag=”designsauthority-20″ width=”500″]
PRICE: Buy it on Amazon at [amazon_link asins=’B00QFXANNK’ template=’PriceLink’ store=’designsauthority-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6ab0a3f6-9a28-11e7-ba83-2bd4faa8c182′ rel=’nofollow’] & FREE SHIPPING
The Pros and Cons of the Sam Villa Signature Series:
The Sam Villa Signature Series Texturizing Flat Iron is considered by many to be the best flat iron for straight hair. In fact, with many hair straightener reviews, you are sure to find the Sam Villa securing a spot in the top ten. So is this straightener’s claim of being the best flat iron for fine hair substantive? Let’s find out.
Pros: Features That Make This The Best Flat Iron For Fine Hair:
- This is the perfect tool for anyone with fine or thin hair. The titanium coated ceramic plates evenly distribute temperature, meaning less potential damage to your hair.
- This is a professional grade styling tool that is found in a lot of salons, so you know that the quality and the usefulness of this flat iron are impeccable.
- It works great for simple hair straightening processes and also for creating voluminous updos
- The textured plates easily add volume to your hair. It’s almost like you are crimping your hair, but it’s much tamer and doesn’t create little waves – just voluminous, straightened hair.
- The size of this iron is perfect for all hair types and for styling. You can easily use this if you’re looking for an iron that can get into smaller areas without burning yourself.
- You’ll be able to notice the added volume after running the iron through your hair. Plus, your hair will actually hold the volume and stay straight for long periods of time.
- This product heats up quickly and cools down in a small amount of time, which is perfect for anyone with a busy schedule to live by.
- Heating options range from 375-415. The lower setting is perfect for straightening hair that is more susceptible to heat damage (wavy and fine hair). The higher setting is perfect for more textured hair (curly and kinky hair).
- Works well for both short hair and long hair.
[amazon_textlink asin=’B00QFXANNK’ text=’Click Here To Buy It On Amazon‘ template=’ProductLink’ store=’designsauthority-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’054c5fed-9a28-11e7-ad2a-e188febaf3ef’ rel=’nofollow’]
Cons of the Sam Villa Signature Series Texturizing Flat Iron
- You have to compress the flat iron really tight in order for the texture plates to add volume to your hair. If you do not hold the plates tightly enough together, you may not make contact with all the strands.
- This iron might not work too well for people who have thicker or coarser hair types because ceramic plates don’t get quite hot enough to quickly and successfully straighten the hair. If you have the world’s curliest hair, then you will probably fair better with a Chi flat iron than the Sam Villa Texturizing Flat Iron.
- If you’re looking for a traditional hair straightener, then don’t purchase this one. As mentioned earlier, it’s made to add volume to your hair. The textured plates probably aren’t going to do too great of a job just straightening your hair out if your hair is super curly.
The Pros and Cons Explained in More Detail
If you are someone who has fine hair, then you know the struggle of trying to successfully use heat on your hair without it burning it. The ceramic plates on the Sam Villa Signature Series Texturizing Hair Straightener will protect your hair from burning because they are able to evenly distribute the heat that is created and prevent any hot spots. So, now you can do what you want without the fear that it might end up with you in tears over the end result.
This being said, this flat iron is not ideal for anyone who has thicker hair. The plates won’t get hot enough for your hair to straighten with only a couple of passes. Not only that, but you will find that you’re spending a lot of time getting the plates to work. So, while it’s a neat hair straightener, you might want to find one that has different plate material if your hair demands a heavy duty tool.
Our Take on the Sam Villa Signature Series Texturizing Hair Straightener
Not having to wait a long time for this flat iron to warm up is a huge plus. We all have busy schedules, and being able to cut a couple of minutes off from having your hair styling tools warm up is a big bonus. Plus, with this flat iron, you’ll be able to straighten your hair in less time as a whole, another amazing aspect that is hard to ignore.
The fact that the textured plates add volume to your hair while you’re straightening it is really cool, but the fact that you have to compress the flat iron so tightly is annoying, especially if you suffer from carpal tunnel or arthritis. I think it would just start being a nuisance after a couple of uses, but that’s all personal preference! If you’re really considering purchasing a new flat iron, I suggest finding a salon that uses this one and seeing if you can try it out. Just make sure that you are able to produce the volume that you want without struggling too much.
What Does a Flat Iron Do for Straight Hair?
Even if you already have straight hair, using a straightener is still something you should consider. Some straighteners, such as tourmaline ceramic plated straighteners, offer your hair a sleek and shiny look. This is because tourmaline gives off negative ions that work against the positive ions that are found in dry and damaged hair. The end result of this technology is hair that is sleek, smooth, and frizz free. In addition to that, using the proper flat iron for already straight hair can lock in moisture and give you that salon-fresh look.
What Are the Advantages of Using a Flat Iron?
A flat iron straightener is great for so many reasons. For starters, when you have your own flat iron, you get to be your own stylist. The flat iron has the capability of transforming your everyday look into a fabulous one.
Along with that, the right combination of products coupled with the ionic technology in many flat irons can eliminate frizz and replace it with a smooth and tamed style instead.
Finally, although straighteners are typically used for straightening hair, if you use them the right way, you can use them for curling your hair as well. The practicality and ease of using a hair straightener is reason enough for every girl to own one.
How to Straighten Hair with a Flat Iron
Using a straightener to straighten hair is pretty straightforward. Once your hair has dried and is ready to be straightened, you will need to begin by warming up your hair straightener. Some straighteners will take longer than others to warm up. You will also want to consider the temperature. Depending on your hair type, you may need your straightener to heat up to 400 degrees or so.
Once your straightener has reached the desired temperature, you will want to section your hair out so that you work on one piece at a time. For hair that is fuller, you will likely need to create more sections. For hair that is very curly, you will want to limit the number of hair strands you include in your section.
After your hair has been sectioned, you will want to slowly go over one section at a time. Clamp the hair in between your straightener plates and allow the plates to smooth out and straighten your hair. Be sure not to leave your hair in between the plates for too long or else you could potentially burn off your hair.
Tips for Protecting Your Hair from Damage When Straightening Your Hair
While using a flat iron may seem pretty simple and straightforward, this is not necessarily the case. In order to avoid any undue damage to your hair, there are some guidelines that you should follow before and during straightening.
Pick the right straightener
One of the main things when it comes to using a flat iron is making sure that you pick the right one. There are straighteners that are geared toward very curly and thick hair, as well as ones geared toward thin and flat hair. Picking the right flat iron will allow you to avoid any damage to your hair due to its high temperature.
Use a thermal protectant spray
The first thing that you need to keep in mind when straightening your hair is protection. Extreme heat can easily lead to damaged hair. In order to prevent this from happening, it is very important that you use a thermal protective spray before you start straightening your hair. There is a wide range of thermal protectant sprays on the market, but they all work in a similar fashion.
When your hair is ready to be straightened, you will need to apply the thermal protectant spray to your hair. Some may be sprayed in while others will have to be massaged in. Make sure to evenly coat your hair so that each strand is protected. Once the spray has been applied, let it thoroughly dry on your hair. If you do not, then you will not get the full advantage of the product. Once it has dried, run the straightener through your hair for your desired effect. It is important to note that a thermal protectant spray should be applied to your hair every time you apply heat, whether it be for straightening or for curling.
Do not straighten your hair when it is wet
Many hair straighteners are damaging to hair, to begin with. When you apply heat to wet hair, you are only maximizing the potential for damage. One of the best ways to protect your hair is to avoid straightening it (or applying extreme heat for that matter) when it is wet. Wet hair maximizes any applied heat to harmful temperatures. If you have ever tried straightening wet hair, you can easily see this by the sizzling and steam that happens on your hair when it is between the ceramic blades. To keep your hair protected, be sure that your hair is completely dry before you begin straightening it. This will lessen the chance of you damaging it. For quick drying, you can use a blow dryer instead of a simple towel dry.
Do not over straighten your hair
When you straighten your hair, it is tempting to want to go over the same piece over and over again. Doing so will result in damaged hair that will become frail and brittle over time. The best practice, once you have applied your thermal protectant spray, is to straighten a portion of your hair no more than two times. Going over a part of your hair more than that can be harmful to the integrity of your hair strands.
Final Thoughts on the Sam Villa Signature Series Texturizing Hair Straightener
It is safe to say that the unique and interesting design of the Sam Villa Signature Series Professional Texturizing Flat Iron really does make it the best flat iron for fine hair. It is the type of styling tool that people who have fine, thin hair should consider looking into purchasing, especially if the goal is to be able to easily and efficiently add volume to your hair. Plus, the size of the plates is perfect for all hair lengths and for styling – how great is that? Think that this might not be the best straightener for you overall? No worries. Click here to check out our take on the six best flat irons for some other options.
[amazon_textlink asin=’B00QFXANNK’ text=’ Click Here to Check out Sam Villa Signature Series Texturizing Flat Iron on Amazon‘ template=’ProductLink’ store=’designsauthority-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’054c5fed-9a28-11e7-ad2a-e188febaf3ef’ rel=’nofollow’]
Other Articles You Will Love
- Best Curling Iron – [BEST 5 For Exquisite Shiny Curls That Will Turn Heads!]
- 7 Best Keratin Treatment Products: [That Will Make You Fall Deeper in Love with Your Hair!]
- Best Professional Hair Dryer | (BEST 6 Hair Dryers For Hair Which Will ELEGANTLY STAND OUT!)
- Best Hair Straightener Iron for Natural, African American Hair – RUSK Engineering CTC Technology Professional Straight Iron Review
- How To Use a Hair Straightener To Straighten Thick Hair To Look Flowy and Light
- Best Hair Straightener for Long Thick Coarse Hair: Turboion Rbb Croc Classic Straightener Review
- Hair straightener do’s and don’ts
- Permanent Hair Straightening: 8 Things That you Should Know Beforehand
- What Hair Straightener is Best for Your Hair Type?
- 6 Hair Straightener Options that are Totally Worth it
- Best Mini Hair Straightener for Kids, Travel, Short Hair, Bangs, and the Long Hairs’ Tail : [MHU Professional Travel Size 0.5-inch Mini Flat Iron Review]