That Itchy dry scalp and those white flakes all over your shoulder whenever you scratch or comb your hair â It is every girlâs and manâs nightmare. It is dandruff. What works to get rid of dandruff? The answer is anti dandruff shampooÂ . Yes, there are safe natural dandruff treatments, there are also alternative ways of how to get rid of dandruff. But here, we are only talking about dandruff shampoo. And I will only be talking about the best dandruff shampooÂ that will help you to get rid of that itchy dry scalp and white flakes peppering your shoulders whenever you scratch your head.
Types of dandruff shampoo: The Best Dandruff Shampoo for your Dandruff Severity and Hair Type
Constituents of dandruff classify dandruff into their various types.
Selenium sulphide anti dandruff shampoo.
These dandruff shampoos narrow in combating the yeast-like fungus Malassezia. They also work to slow down the rate at which your skin cells dry. An example of this shampoo is Selsun Blue.
Be keen to use it as directed on the instructions since it may discolor blond hair
Tar-based Â anti dandruff shampoos.
Coal tar, the main component of these tar-based shampoos, aids in slowing down the rate at which skin cell die and eventually flake off. It generally helps counter seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis and dandruff. An example of this type of shampoo is Neutrogena T/gel.
- Ketoconazole dandruff shampoos.
The antifungal properties of this anti dandruff shampoo type gives it an upper hand in combating dandruff.
Nizoral is good example of this shampoo type.
Pyrithione Zinc Dandruff shampoos.
Zinc pyrithione is an antibacterial and centrifugal agent that greatly moderates the fungus count on your scalp.
Anti Dandruff Shampoo with salicylic acid.
These products are gentle on fine hair that is treated. A few examples of this shampoo type are P&S Shampoo, Sebulex and DHS Sal Shampoo
How to use anti-dandruff shampoo on your hair.
Remember there is shampooing and then there is shampooing the right way. You want to do it just right to get your results. This is how you should do it.
- Anti-dandruff shampoos all have medicine for your itchy dry scalp therefore ensuring you shampoo often simply means your scalp gets the medicine often and generously.
- Follow the instruction on the shampoo bottle, they are there for a reason
- Lather your hair, rinse and repeat.
It is advisable to use a normal shampoo to do your first lather as it is aimed at cleaning your scalp by removing any dirt, product build up and any excess oil. For your second lather now use your anti-dandruff shampoo of choice ensuring you focus on your scalp. Remember the shampoo contains medicine for your scalp so you need to massage it into your scalp. Do this for around 5 minutes ensuring every area of your scalp is catered for. If you have an itch in a particular area of your scalp, narrow down to that area.
- Rinse your hair properly and gently, ensuring you massage your scalp as you rinse.
- You can add in some conditioner. This step is optional.
- Shampoo your hair regularly until your scalp heals. However, remember dandruff can reoccur therefore do not stop shampooing your hair.
- This the most important step. Patience!!Most of us often expect results immediately. Now you need to give your hair and scalp some space. Your part is to take care of it then let the shampoo or any other remedy do its magic.
It should be noted that if no change is witnessed on your scalp, make an appointment with your dermatologist. There may be more to what the eye catches.
Other Related Posts You Should Read
- Best Hair Straightener Iron â [ REVIEW OF THE BEST 6]
- 7 Best Keratin Treatment Products: [That Will Make You Fall Deeper in Love with Your Hair!]
- Best Curling Iron â [BEST 5 For Exquisite Shiny Curls That Will Turn Heads!]
- 5 Best Hair curlers for 2017 [At a Price That Doesnât Kill Your Wallet!]
- Crochet braids | 12 Crochet Hairstyles With Pictures â [ Includes EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW]
- How to do Crochet Braids [Step by Step] â Including Crochet Braids Care and Maintenance
- Hair Fall Control