Have you ever remembered the last time you sneak a quick look under your stove hood and see the exhaust fan filters? If you have never done this, bear in mind that this is not going to be good. In case you didn’t know yet, the main use of a range hood filter is to gather grease, so that when it is doing its task correctly, then it is going to feel and look, well, greasy. In this article, you will learn how to clean range hood filters.
As time goes by, the filters for even the best kitchen range hood may become blocked with ickiness and grease, which cause it to lose its Efficiency and usefulness. That is why it is very crucial for you to clean those filters occasionally. Luckily, there is no need to worry about as cleaning them is not that challenging at all.
How to clean Range Hood Filters – Materials You Need
- Baking soda (Click Here to Buy it on Amazon )
- Boiling water
- Non-abrasive scrub brush (Click Here to Buy These on Amazon)
- De-greasing dish soap (Buy It on Amazon thru this link : https://www.amazon.com/Mrs-Meyers-Clean-Day-Multi-Surface/dp/B00ICIYVT8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&dpID=41-vzdg8f0L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&psc=1&refRID=GRJS8PCKNEF1BZ0B5QCJ&linkCode=sl1&tag=designsauthority-20&linkId=45ef45cb32fe11e8218247a2cbb5f4a9 )
- Dish cloth or Paper towels (Available on Amazon at : https://www.amazon.com/Sinland-Microfiber-Waffle-Dishcloths-Cleaning/dp/B00QIEWES8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1470196536&sr=1-4&keywords=dishcloths&linkCode=sl1&tag=designsauthority-20&linkId=1b84154a7923a2c20da60d28a1c435d5)
Procedures to clean range hood filters
Step 1 – Get rid of the filters from the hood
Majority of filters must slide or pop out easily of the underside of the hood. Some owners have metal loo so that they can easily grab the push the filter upward and slide it outward.
Step 2 – Fill a bucket or sink with a hot or boiling water
Simply put, the hotter the water, the more efficient. It will depend on how hot you could get the water on your tap, which might be better enough. As a tip, you can boil a water on an electric teakettle and then poured it to the sink.
Step 3 – Pour in the dish soap and baking soda
The next step is to pour a ¼-cup of baking soda and a squirt of de-greasing dish soap to the hot water. Mix it around with the use of a brush until you see that the water is soapy and nice.
Step 4 – Put the greasy filters in the water
Now, you can submerge the greasy exhaust fan filters to the water. You need to make sure that they are covered completely.
Step 5 – Let it soak
Let the filters to soak for around ten (10) minutes.
Step 6 – Scrub the filters
After you soak the filters, get the non-abrasive scrub brush then scrub the filters. You can add more dish soap into your brush when needed.
Step 7 – Rinse and dry
You can now rinse the filters in hot water and let it dry with a clean cloth or paper towel
Step 8 – Change the filters and repeat when needed
Return the filters into the hood and do it again when needed.
This guide surely helped you with the step by step on how to clean range hood filters in your sink along with the help of baking soda, boiling water and a de-greasing dish soap as well. You will find that some hood filters could be washed on the dishwasher, however depending on how long it is since you have cleaned it, it is not recommend to do devoid at least cleaning it this way. The last thing you want it too much grease that end up on your dishwasher. Cleaning your filters every month is a good and handy maintenance you can use.
You May Also Like These Guides
- How To Fix Noisy Range Hood in 6 Easy steps
- Kitchen Hood Installation In 7 Easy Steps – [WITH Video Instructions]
- How to hide kitchen hood venting
- 5 best range hoods Which are Dependable
- How To Clean A Refrigerator [With Video]
- How to Clean Microwave – Best VIDEO Guide!
- Top 5 best santoku knives for your kitchen