Want smooth and nice looking feet? Then, it is time to replace your pumice stone with an electric callus remover. Callus shavers also known as foot scrubbers are super handy devices used to remove dry cracked skin and calluses. Feet and hands might develop patches of hard skin which may get painful if cracked a condition known as callus. The condition worsens depending on the intensity of your everyday activities. Luckily, you can easily manage calluses by using a good callus remover that removes the calluses in a short time and with no pain. You may also opt to remove the hardened patches by choosing between using pads, electric file machines, or creams. But this review will only focus on the best electric callus removers.
I know that shopping for a callus remover that suits your needs can be confusing and even hard. That is why I wrote this review to provide you my devoted readers with tips for buying a callus remover. It is my hope that the review helps you make the right decision regarding the best choice for you.
On this page, I will be focusing on the 6 best electric callus removers, sharing the pros and cons of each. But before I reach the reviews section, I will first share with you the 5 important sections which I think you should know before you invest your money. These will be presented in this order: (i) Benefits of using an electric callus remover, (ii) Cons of using an electric shaver, (iii) Foot callus remover buying guide – Factors to consider when shopping for an Electric Callus Shaver, (iv) Questions to ask when shopping for an Electric Callus Shaver, (v) The 6 Best Electric Callus removers.
If you are in a hurry and you just need to purchase the best, here are my top 2 picks (# 1 & #2) out of the 6 that I review in the last section of this page.
TOP 2 PICKS FOR BEST ELECTRIC CALLUS REMOVERS
# 1: Tip2Toe Professional Electric Callus Remover
The Tip2Toe professional callus remover is one of the most powerful models on the market. It can spin to speeds of up to 30 times per second. Though it is an expensive model, it includes a more powerful and fast motor.
It also comes with a speed control dial to switch between high and low speeds. The other thing worthy to note about Tip2Toe product is that you can buy extra rollers with fine and course attachments which are a great feature for some customers.
Another important feature is the 9 feet swivel cord with an integrated hook plus the air filter.
- Pros: This product from Tip2Toe is very powerful and works better than battery-operated devices. Also, this professional-grade product comes with discs that have enough coarseness for effective removal of calluses. The device is also very long lasting, no need to get a new remover after a short period.
- Cons: Users of this product complain that the product is might harm your skin when grooming. The low-speed setting is not effective, even low speeds are super high and you need to be careful not to apply too much pressure at these speeds. Luckily, there is a built-in safety precaution that stops the machine when you press hard.
#2 : Amopé Pedi Perfect Foot File – Electronic Pedicure Tool
The Pedi Perfect is one of the most popular foot callus removers around. Its low price gives the customers what they want making it a best-seller. The product effectively and gently removes thick hard patches on your skin to reveal soft, touchable, smooth feet. Many users recommend this item as the perfect home pedicure for safe and effective removal of dead skin on the feet. The device is battery powered and comes with four AA batteries. Its sleek design plus the ergonomically shaped and soft touch handle offers a perfect pedicure experience. It also comes with a replaceable coarse roller head which spins evenly for quick results on callus.
- Pros: People love this item because it is cheap, readily available in stores and works well. This makes it one of the world’s best-selling callus removers.
- Cons: It comes with one roller only; you have to buy an additional refill roller. It is frustrating to power it because it is powered by AA batteries which should be replaced after a while, ending up with many batteries.
Benefits of using an electric callus remover
Apart from being hygienic, effective and easier to use than other manual removers, foot callus removers have several other benefits:
- Though callus may be painless, they can be painful if they crack. Callus shavers can help you prevent such experiences particularly if you start the treatment early enough.
- Callus can occur anywhere on your body getting some friction or under pressure. Luckily, most callus removers can be used on any body part.
- An electric callus remover offers a cheaper and better option compared to regularly visiting your beauty salon or chiropodist which may be quite expensive.
- Removers can help avoid body infections that stem from cracks on the skin resulting from the callus condition.
- Also, you can use these removers several times – longer than usual before disposing of them.
Cons of using an electric shaver
Though electric shavers have a wide range of benefits such as effectiveness, safety and usability, they also have several downsides, including:
- Higher cost – Some removers, especially the electric ones, are usually expensive to acquire. Furthermore, their maintenance is costly because they frequently need batteries and other reliable sources of power supply.
- Risky – Some of these removers, if poorly handled, can cause accidents and even hurt you. Usually, they come fitted with scrapers or sharp rollers that can damage your hands or feet.
- Sometimes unsuitable – Most callus sufferers who suffer from conditions like poor blood circulation or diabetes are prohibited by their doctors from using callus removers.
- Sometimes ineffective – Though callus removers are considered to be very effective to remove severe callus and have quick results, they can be a frustrating and expensive experience for people who suffer from chronic callus. The callus sufferers are forced to try different shavers before they can get the best option for themselves.
- May need special techniques – Callus treatment methods should be applied correctly to avoid poor results in the end. Therefore, it is important that you know how to use each of the methods to effectively remove your callus.
Foot callus remover buying guide
Looking for the best foot callus remover can be very difficult. There is lots of money to be generated in the extensive skin care industry. This results in lots of useless products been released every year which has no effect on your calluses or causes too much harm for your skin. To effectively deal with calluses and other skin problems you need to get an effective remover. No need to worry, this buying guide will get you covered. If you have the patience and time, please go through these detailed descriptions of the best home treatments and callus remover product to get a rough idea about the ideal features you should look for in an electric shaver that will suit your needs.
Factors to consider when shopping for an Electric Callus Shaver
How much are you willing to spend? Like everything else, callus shavers are available at different prices. These products cost around £3 and £25, or more. Obviously, you need to pay more for a professional and quality shaver. If you need a high-quality remover without most features expect to pay around £4 to £10. So, you will need to effectively balance between getting a product that offers great results yet has a reasonable price.
- Ease of use
When buying a callus remover, always make sure that the product is easy to apply, has clear usage instructions, and offers quick results.
Some callus removers might not suit your needs; therefore, it is important for you to know whether a specific product is for general use or has some usage limitations.
Some shavers offer faster and better results than others while some require you to apply them several times before they can remove the hardened patches on the skin.
Shop for removers that won’t cause any pain to you or do harm to your skin.
- Duration of therapy
How long does it take for a certain callus shaver to produce significant results? Moreover, has the callus appeared for the first time or is your condition chronic? These questions will give you a general idea for the ideal callus remover to look for.
- Mode of working
Some shavers offer immediate results while others take a bit longer to achieve significant results.
If you consider using a remover, it is important to know how to use it unless you may find yourself causing damage to your skin.
- Possibility of reusing the foot callus remover
Some removers like shavers can be used several times while others like pads cannot be reused. If your callus condition is chronic, you should consider using shavers rather than pads.
Questions to ask when shopping for an Electric Callus Shaver
You want to get value for your money, maybe you just started shopping for the best callus remover or you have just begun trying some of the removers to get the best option. You may have noticed that most of the popular shavers have almost the same prices or features and have very little differences. This can make the buying process very confusing or even hard, but here are some questions you should consider when looking for a callus remover that will work best for you.
- How is it powered? – There are 3 options to choose from: the remover can use standard AA batteries, some type of rechargeable batteries, or may come with a plug in cord (remover can be used when plugged in). In case you need to replace the batteries, you may need to include that option when considering the price of a specific model.
- Is it water resistant? – You probably want a shaver that you can use in the shower. Most popular products are water-resistant, this means they can be cleaned under a tap. However, you do not want to use the remover in the shower or submerge the item fully in water. Anyway, there are some products available in the market that are fully waterproof and can be used in the shower. Check out Ckeyin and PediBunny, but remember most shavers are more effective if your hands and feet are dry.
How powerful is the motor?
– The more powerful the motor, the better the remover will work. When shaving off the patches, you should gently touch and move the device along your skin. Some removers stop working when too much pressure is applied because the motor is not powerful enough. Remember, you do not need to press the device into your skin very hard. If your condition is chronic or the calluses are very hard, check the motor’s RPM of any product you consider buying.
- How many rollers does the item come with? – What material is used on the roller? – Everyone has different sensitivities and a different need for their skin, so you need to make sure you get an item that allows you to replace the roller with something different from the standard roller that the product comes with. The Emjoi company’s rollers come with extra rollers (regular, course, super-course, and extreme course). They also have an elbow exfoliation roller used with your callus removers on your elbows.
- Is it simple to clean? – Obviously, you want a product that is easy to clean. Most of these shavers are hassle-free to clean – just remove and rinse the head under cold water, thoroughly clean the rollers under cold water using a cleaning brush included in the set.
- How often should the rollers be replaced? – For every unit, you should replace the rollers after some time. Replacing is not actually very expensive, but depending on how regular you use the device, the rollers may wear out.
The 6 Best Electric Callus removers
Nowadays, it is still possible to get traditional foot callus removers but electric callus removers have also become popular and best-selling. They are efficient, remove callus quickly and eliminate the tedious work of callus removal. Some are electric powered while others require batteries. This review selected models from every category to suit almost all personal preferences. Here are the top 6 best electric callus removers. The First 2 (#1 and #2 are already covered in the first sections of this page, See above)
#3: Best Micro-Pedi Electronic Foot File – Professional Pedicure Spa
The Best Micro-Pedi callus shaver is powerful and guarantees salon style results. It is powered by premium NH rechargeable batteries that charge for 8 hours and powerfully run for 40 minutes. The roller spins 50 times per second effectively and fasts removes dry skin and calluses without repeated rubbing. Boost your confidence by improving your feet’s look with this product that offers guaranteed results in a home pedicure. The large and durable rollers will certainly fit all your needs plus they are available in 1 coarse and 1 super course attachments. Get the best value for your money, this high-quality product is inexpensive compared to other products of the same quality.
- Pros: The built-in rechargeable battery is more powerful than the models that are powered by simple AA batteries. Also, when fully charged, the motor is powerful enough to do the job quickly and effectively. This heavy duty device will surely save you trips and expenses of pedicures.
- Cons: One disadvantage of this product is that it is not durable, it breaks in less than a month. You may damage your skin because the rollers spin very fast, avoid applying too much pressure.
#4: Emjoi Micro-Pedi Power Foot Callus Remover
Emjoi has different models of electric callus shavers to choose from. This Micro-Pedi Power callus remover is one of their cheapest options. Most people like its design which is unique and very compact. It includes 6 feet long cord with rollers that spin 30 times per second for a quicker shave. This corded model does not stop when too much pressure is applied while removing callus like the other versions that are battery powered. The 100V to 240V power supply offers the device extreme strength to perform powerfully every time. The two speeds are a great feature to effectively and gently remove dry, rough, and calloused skin in just seconds. It even comes with a special storage bag.
- Pros: The Micro-Pedi has a unique design and small enough making it easy to hold. Most customers prefer this corded version which is more powerful and stronger compared to its battery operated version.
- Cons: Some customers complain that the device is not powerful enough. If your feet are too tough, you may want to buy an Emjoi’s course roller. Users would like the product to include at least another replacement roller.
#5: Own Harmony CR900 Electric Callus Remover with Rechargeable Foot File
This is your standard model to pamper your feet using a spa-like rechargeable pedicure. Get baby-soft skin instantly! The new and improved Own Harmony CR900 electric callus remover give you 3 times more power compared to other rechargeable brands. Once you have charged it, you can use it for grooming multiple times, in fact, there is no need to always plug it in. It is perfect for men and women too.
The remover is very powerful; therefore you do not need to apply a lot of pressure. Better results come with gentle use daily. If you love getting professional pedicures at less cost, this product can save you money, protect the environment and care for your health. The innovative design offers great results instantly. The ergonomic design is easy to use and handle. Other features you may also like include; an advanced safety lock button and a roller made of quartz micro-mineral crystals for increased durability.
- Pros: It pretty seems that much work went into designing this product. The body is very comfortable and fits perfectly in your hand. The design’s slight curve makes a huge difference; the size and weight are perfect.
- Cons: This is a good product but is not very strong enough. Taking off the calluses takes a long time. When grooming it just stops suddenly due to the poor power life and it is not powerful enough, you will need to recharge it frequently.
#6: Pure Enrichment 8-in-1 Manicure and Pedicure Kit
The Pure Enrichment callus remover is a great and high-quality option suitable for all your needs. It has a cordless, ergonomic design for easy handling to help you achieve perfect pedicures and manicures at home. The package does not include 2 rechargeable AA batteries. This device can be set to high or low speeds to handle both rough and delicate areas. Inside the package, 8 professional attachments are included for smoothing calluses and corns to remove excess cuticles, and file, shape, and buff nails. It also includes a protective cap that can be adjusted to prevent nail remains from flying during the grooming sessions. Overall, customers like this product and highly recommend it, especially for people who need a powerful and strong machine.
- Pros: The Pure Enrichment kit is one of the latest models on the market. The best thing about this item is that it is electrically powered, meaning you do not need to spend money on rechargeable batteries. It is very powerful and totally removes calluses. Furthermore, the device is easy to use and grip thanks to the ergonomic shape of the handle that makes the unit very comfortable too.
- Cons: Some customers complain of very light pedicures due to less power. The rechargeable batteries are not included in the product’s package; you need to buy them separately.
FINAL WORDS ABOUT FOOT CALLUS REMOVAL
Dry cracked feet can be embarrassing and painful and not everyone has the budget and time to get frequent pedicures to remove calluses and keep their feet smooth, soft and looking nice. Callus shavers are a great and inexpensive option to help you fully get rid of ugly, dry skin patches on your feet at considerably low costs. Additionally, they do not hurt or harm your skin, are easy to use, and you can readily use them at home saving you visits to the beauty parlor or salon.
But for more effective, callus removal you need to consider using callus pads and callus creams. Callus Pads are medicated cushioned pads that are placed over calluses in order to break down and instantly remove the callus patches. The pads are usually medicated with salicylic acid which is effective in dealing with different skin conditions like callus. Most people who prefer to use callus pads love them due to their comfort, ease of use, and affordability.
Callus creams are ointments suitable for people who prefer using creams instead of shavers and pads when seeking to get rid of callus. All you need to do is just apply the medicated cream on the affected area to initiate the callus’ shedding off process. Most people prefer callus creams because they are easy to use, comfortable to use and suitable for those suffering from conditions like diabetes. However, these creams are not suitable for everyone depending on the cream’s ingredients which may be allergic to some people. Unfortunately, the creams also have slower results. They often take too long to get results compared to using pads and shavers. Overall, creams work great for people suffering chronic calluses and need lasting results.